autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What dilution of ONR for pre-soak?

If it did it would harm you.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    I have plenty of normal car soap on hand, but I'm so impressed by using good technique and quality rinseless methods that once my stash of soap is gone I may never buy normal car soap again. Until then, I've got enough to last a decade... and now that I'm going "suds-less" the car soap will likely eat through the containers before it all gets used. LOL!!
    I have a similar supply of conventional soap, and that's probably the reason that I have been slow to adopt rinseless as my primary method (plus I still prefer to do wheels conventionally), but I'm now doing more rinseless than conventional.

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I've been listening to that podcast too. Gotta meet Dann one of these days since I live in San Diego. However I thought I read somewhere residential hot water doesn't get hot enough to harm MF. Yvan seems like he researches things pretty thoroughly though.
    I'm sorry, that fusing the fibers with 140F water is just plain wrong. People boil their towels to restore them and they don't come out a ball of melted plastic. I looked up the melting points and even recommended ironing temperatures for nylon and polyester and they are way higher than 140F. I did find a CSPC report about lint fires in electric dryers where they did a lot of testing and it turns out that an electric dryer can get over 400F discharge temp into the drum, which does sound like fusing territory, but I've never experienced any degradation of my towels that I could detect.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=

Planning to use ONR as a pre-soak (with a manual pump sprayer) before using the "Garry Dean" method... what's the preferred dilution ratio?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I called the company and here's the information they gave me .
    " Pre-wash or Quick detailer dilution ratios .
    1 oz ONR to 16 oz water
    4 oz ONR to 1/2 gal H2O
    8 oz ONR to 1 gallon H2O
    Clay Lube = 2 oz to 1 gal h2o

ONR used as rinseless wash ,
    1 capful, (1/2 oz) ONR, to 1 gal H2O

As someone else mentioned in this thread , the pre-soak doesn't work so well . I've used several times a paint roller with 1 and 1/4 inch nap on the panel after I sprayed it with the pre-wash , in order to loosen the dirt before entering a touchless car wash .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, I think it was me that said that pre-soak doesn't do anything, I did a rinseless wash last week with Ech2O, and presprayed with I think it was about twice the normal rinseless dilution, and it worked very well. Of course Ech2O is nothing like ONR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123