autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray wax inside windows

Anybody do this? I wonder if it would make any difference. Possibly allowing the towel to glide over the window easier

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax inside windows

People do it ,but I wouldn't because of possible chatter and streak and smears.clean the glass with clay or steel wool and the towel will glide and not be so grabby.after all that apply a glass coating and your good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

As for the glass coating exterior only.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Yvan from Optimum uses Opti-Seal as an interior glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would not. I've seen someone use Opti-Seal type products on the inside of windows but honestly I don't know why. Outside 100% I use Opti-Seal and love it. However nothing on the inside. I have tint on both our vehicles though which is another reason for me to keep them clean.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-seal is great on glass. Really does make the towel glide like the OP wants. Especially useful on inside of windshield because the towel glides so easily and it can clean mild streaks and window fog and it dries clear with no need for a lot of buffing. Cuts down on linting too.

Post Thanks / Like

You should NOT use hydrophobic products on interior glass. I hear of lots of people doing it but the simple fact is that hydrophobic means water droplet formation. Water droplet formation means 'fog'. A hydrophobic product is the OPPOSITE of anti-fog. It is not even fog neutral - it actually will encourage fog formation. What is worse is that these sorts of products are rarely removable with anything short of a polish - you can't polish the interior glass easily because you cannot get access.

So I am sorry to say that anything hydrophobic, on the interior is a very poor idea. I am shocked that someone from Optimum would advocate this - in a cold damp environment, such use could potentially lead to an accident.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    So I am sorry to say that anything hydrophobic, on the interior is a very poor idea. I am shocked that someone from Optimum would advocate this - in a cold damp environment, such use could potentially lead to an accident.
    Hard to argue with your points--the interior window cleaning starts about 2:25. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4LYjnHPTA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    You should NOT use hydrophobic products on interior glass. I hear of lots of people doing it but the simple fact is that hydrophobic means water droplet formation. Water droplet formation means 'fog'. A hydrophobic product is the OPPOSITE of anti-fog. It is not even fog neutral - it actually will encourage fog formation. What is worse is that these sorts of products are rarely removable with anything short of a polish - you can't polish the interior glass easily because you cannot get access.

This is why I ask the silly questions so the smart guys set me straight. I wouldn't have thought of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frankprozzoly View Post
    This is why I ask the silly questions so the smart guys set me straight. I wouldn't have thought of this.
    It's fairly simple, really. If you've ever owned a vehicle with a leaky window, cracked window, or had a seal leak, then it's easy to see, especially on those frosty mornings or even damp spring/summer/fall days, that condensation will begin to build up on the inside in the form of water droplets...misty fog type water droplets to rain size droplets. That alone is enough to tell a person you wouldn't want to use a hydrophobic product on the inside. Why? Those droplets either have to be wiped off by hand and a towel of some sort for the larger droplets, or by using the defrost and heat for the fog type droplets. Often times the rains size droplets are too much for the defroster to handle quickly, but with a longer warm up period and hotter temps the defroster and heat will work fine...just takes longer. Then again, in order to know what I've just stated you would have to have driven a vehicle with a leaky window or leaky seal.

I'm not saying I'm right, but my experience would lead me to believe that hydrophic products should remain on the outside where they were intended, thus saving me money by using less product.
    Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast