autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

How to clean ceramic paint protection 9H ?...

I recently installed the infamous ceramic paint protection over here in the UAE (seems like a new marketing hype if you ask me) it costed a lot to install to be honest and maintain once every 6 months or so, also the shop gave me a headache understanding my requirements that i need the car fully polished before sealing/coating the paint forever, anyways, my question here is how to clean it ? I must admit they sprayed a reload spray (probably paint sealant) after the job was done to help with the hydrophobic effect, and the surface looks extremely slick, even when dusting the glass (which got some sealant on it) it feels maybe better than wax, and I DONT WANT TO RUIN THAT, i was told and showed in demonstration to wash the car with MACHINE WATER PRESSURE ONLY, and lots of it ! to bring down the dust and sand, then use microfiber to dry the car only, no car shampoo, no sponge rubbing against the coating, no nothing as that would simply damage the paint and might induce swirls and from my experience eat the sprayed on top sealant even faster, for you who have applied 9H ceramic on their cars, how do you wash and maintain your rides with ceramic on top ?...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean ceramic paint protection 9H ?...

Doesn't the coating company have a recommended wash? I have no idea about the actual product you used but carpro reset is made for coatings, it is an awesome shampoo on its own even if you don't have a coating. Also could likely use meguairs d114 which is the rinseless product.

Sounds like this coating they want you to treat like its the most fragile thing in the world, coating are supposed to be more durable than wax, and sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aliitp View Post
    I recently installed the infamous ceramic paint protection over here in the UAE (seems like a new marketing hype if you ask me) it costed a lot to install to be honest and maintain once every 6 months or so, also the shop gave me a headache understanding my requirements that i need the car fully polished before sealing/coating the paint forever, anyways, my question here is how to clean it ? I must admit they sprayed a reload spray (probably paint sealant) after the job was done to help with the hydrophobic effect, and the surface looks extremely slick, even when dusting the glass (which got some sealant on it) it feels maybe better than wax, and I DONT WANT TO RUIN THAT, i was told and showed in demonstration to wash the car with MACHINE WATER PRESSURE ONLY, and lots of it ! to bring down the dust and sand, then use microfiber to dry the car only, no car shampoo, no sponge rubbing against the coating, no nothing as that would simply damage the paint and might induce swirls and from my experience eat the sprayed on top sealant even faster, for you who have applied 9H ceramic on their cars, how do you wash and maintain your rides with ceramic on top ?...
    Hello from Dubai as well.

They probably recommended that practice as majority of swirls are introduced during the washing and drying process. Not everyone follows the correct washing and drying techniques - hence the "Advice" from them. That advice applies to the general consumer - especially in Dubai as they get their cars washed at the gas station or at the mall. These methods will induce swirls right after the first wash. Add a few more and all that work done to the car goes "down the drain" - pun intended.

Their method of only pressure washing is likely to introduce a ton of swirls - pressure washing only removes the light dust layers - soap and little agitation removes the rest. If you follow their method of pressure washer only followed by a towel, you might as well wash it at the gas station automatic wash lol.

You can follow the steps listed in detailing 101 on how to wash the car and use soap/shampoo/towels etc. as long as you follow the steps - you will prevent the introduction of swirls. Wash it yourself in a paint safe manner and your coating will last and look gorgeous for years to come!.

I have seen people at my nearby ENOC who bring their coated cars (gtechniq/gyeon/ceramic pro stickers) and I can see the water beading off - but the car is covered in swirls....

I hope you get what i'm saying lol.

My (and most people here) method is :

-Pressure wash
    -Foam - let it sit a few minutes
    -Pressure wash
    -2 bucket method wash using PH neutral soap with no wax in it.
    -Pressure wash
    -Blow dry
    -Apply a drying aid (I use meguiars D156/ultimate quik wax) while catching any drops I might have missed.
    -Stand back and admire

Especially in our climate - I would recommend a proper wash and not waterless/rinseless.

Ever since I got into this hobby, I have not washed the car outside the house, yes even in 50 degree celcius summers.I only wash it myself. Thats the only way to preserve the finish. In the last 6 months I have only polished my car once using an ultra fine finishing polish - that too because I wanted to remove old wax and remove a little marring from the last 6 months...

Maintenance is key! This comes through proper washing and drying mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post

They probably recommended that practice as majority of swirls are introduced during the washing and drying process. Not everyone follows the correct washing and drying techniques - hence the "Advice" from them. That advice applies to the general consumer - especially in Dubai as they get their cars washed at the gas station or at the mall. These methods will induce swirls right after the first wash. Add a few more and all that work done to the car goes "down the drain" - pun intended.

Their method of only pressure washing is likely to introduce a ton of swirls - pressure washing only removes the light dust layers - soap and little agitation removes the rest. If you follow their method of pressure washer only followed by a towel, you might as well wash it at the gas station automatic wash lol.

You can follow the steps listed in detailing 101 on how to wash the car and use soap/shampoo/towels etc. as long as you follow the steps - you will prevent the introduction of swirls. Wash it yourself in a paint safe manner and your coating will last and look gorgeous for years to come!.

I have seen people at my nearby ENOC who bring their coated cars (gtechniq/gyeon/ceramic pro stickers) and I can see the water beading off - but the car is covered in swirls....

-Pressure wash
    -Pressure wash
    -Pressure wash
    -Blow dry
    -Apply a drying aid (I use meguiars D156/ultimate quik wax) while catching any drops I might have missed.
    -Stand back and admire

Especially in our climate - I would recommend a proper wash and not waterless/rinseless.

Ever since I got into this hobby, I have not washed the car outside the house, yes even in 50 degree celcius summers.I only wash it myself. Thats the only way to preserve the finish. In the last 6 months I have only polished my car once using an ultra fine finishing polish - that too because I wanted to remove old wax and remove a little marring from the last 6 months...

I agree. I can't think of one particular company that has several local installers claiming you can just rinse your coating and go on your way; and if your installer is claiming it lasts forever, then I'm willing to bet it's the same overreaching company. Their recommended wash technique is likely to do more harm than good. Learn a proper wash technique and use it.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post

-Pressure wash
    -Pressure wash
    -Pressure wash
    -Blow dry
    -Stand back and admire

Hi there,

Really glad to find someone from around here, i promise reading through detailing 101 as soon (or before) you are done reading this, lol.

But here is the thing, while it is true the weather over here is terrible, dusty day, followed by another humid, then dusty and windy, then rainy, then god knows what !.. I can't find any proper (place) to wash my car, I really feel bad also when the car is dirty and driving down the road, but starting to embrace it due to the lack of knowledge and locations over here when it comes to PROPER car care and car washing ! (I personally had a horror story with this entire ceramic thing, once washed in the mall, NEVER AGAIN !! and from the other sightings you mentioned, I literally can't think of a single place to wash my car in the UAE with a bit of peace of mind !.) now am sure, at least over here in Abu Dhabi, u will get a hefty fine for almost doing anything in the street, not mentioning washing your car in the city, which might get u kicked out of the country (from what i have heard, laughs aside...),

Thanks for the instructions too, they seem really thought of, but one thing i cant apply any sort of wax on the ceramic coating, for one it doesn't make sense as i believe it is semi-glass coating and it will leave haze on the coat (trust me i tried that once) and while those instructions seem really interesting to apply (really if ur into this) its hard to apply while ur living in an apartment with ur car parked somewhere around the block...

Can you recommend somewhere in Abu Dhabi perhaps or even dubai where they do proper Foam wash (which is usually very thick and let it set for few then rinse) and where do u get the blow dry applied in the city ??...

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bud, Apologies I was under the impression that you might have a garage of some sort. I have not had good luck with any car wash places, which is I wash my car in my garage at home (villa). If you really want a paint safe wash you will have to approach a good detailer, who knows his stuff (not water and wipe lol). Theres a few in Dubai who do this like pro car care, yellowhat (iffy) but its just not feasible because of the cost.

A friend of mine lives in Abu Dhabi and his car is coated. He performs rinse less washes on his car. However, he does have place to pressure wash his car down before proceeding as he lives in a compound of some sort.

Maybe look into rinsless washes if you live in an apartment? Optimum no rinse wash is available in Al Quoz in Dubai, from Xtreme auto at a good price. It is a full gallon and has multiple uses.
    Instead of pressure washing - you can soak the panel with the same solution in a pump sprayer for the extra safety measure.

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 128 oz.

I myself use it for claying the car as I dilute is as clay lube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    I agree. I can't think of one particular company that has several local installers claiming you can just rinse your coating and go on your way; and if your installer is claiming it lasts forever, then I'm willing to bet it's the same overreaching company. Their recommended wash technique is likely to do more harm than good. Learn a proper wash technique and use it.
    Funny! I'm fixing damage caused by that very advice from one of those mentioned installers this weekend! I actually offered to do it free of charge because it bothers me so much that they are giving out such poor, uneducated advice!

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch that looks bad! Good on you for offering to do it at no cost. Gonna look gorgeous once done I bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Funny! I'm fixing damage caused by that very advice from one of those mentioned installers this weekend! I actually offered to do it free of charge because it bothers me so much that they are giving out such poor, uneducated advice!

HMMMMM...

"Minnesota: Officially One Of The Drunkest
    States, in All Measurable Ways"

Source:
    detox.net

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    HMMMMM...

"Minnesota: Officially One Of The Drunkest
    States, in All Measurable Ways"

Source:
    detox.net

Bob
    They must be blurring our state line with Wisconsin.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast