autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz Questions

Hi everyone,

Looking for information on coating my truck in CQuartz by CarPro, and have a lot of questions about it.

First off, wondering how much is necessary for one coat of an entire truck (2006 Sierra Crew Cab 2500) . Also wondering if a second coat is suggested.

Any difference between standard CQuartz and the CQuartz UK?

I am also wondering how well this stuff stands up to salt and snow, seeing as I live in the Northeast.

Also - am I able to use quick detailer or spray wax over this coating? Or even liquid wax for that matter? Or is the Reload all that I can use? This is a big factor in whether I will do it or not because I regularly wash and spray detailer or spray wax.

Here is what I am thinking of doing, procedure-wise... Please feel free to correct anything as you see fit...

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Meguiars Ultimate Polish or CG Polish
    • Eraser? Is it necessary?
    • CQuartz Coating

Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz Questions

Im in Mass and ive found that about 70 is where CQUK starts to evaporate more quickly then I would like. Its very durable though. I spray all kinds of silica spray sealants on it, but I refrain from spray waxes as they tend to hold dust more then the silica's.

You may also want to look at gloss coat, very durable and very easy to use.

30CC's of Carpro's or 10CC of gloss coat is enough to do a truck.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also add that using eraser once may not be enough on megs ultimate polish. I would mix up a solution of 114 as a QD, then use eraser after that, but thats just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Looking for information on coating my truck in CQuartz by CarPro, and have a lot of questions about it.

First off, wondering how much is necessary for one coat of an entire truck (2006 Sierra Crew Cab 2500) . Also wondering if a second coat is suggested. I believe a 30ml bottle is more than enough

Any difference between standard CQuartz and the CQuartz UK? UK has more silica; hence more durable

I am also wondering how well this stuff stands up to salt and snow, seeing as I live in the Northeast. You should get a couple of years out easily enough from what I have seen and read through the years.

Also - am I able to use quick detailer or spray wax over this coating? Or even liquid wax for that matter? Or is the Reload all that I can use? This is a big factor in whether I will do it or not because I regularly wash and spray detailer or spray wax. Yes and Yes

Here is what I am thinking of doing, procedure-wise... Please feel free to correct anything as you see fit...

• Wash
      Add decontaminate here with IronX; especially with a coating you want no contaminates whatsoever.
    • Clay
    • Meguiars Ultimate Polish or CG Polish
    • Eraser? Is it necessary? You will need something to get the polishing oils off the vehicle. You can also perform another wash but that may create some rework - hence the Eraser step I consider important
    • CQuartz Coating

Thanks in advance...
    Good luck.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I have one more question. For some reason, if I completely hate the coating or have some sort of problem with it, how easy is it to get off, can compound take it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can use compound to remove.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure on how permanent it was.

Any suggestions from anyone on application conditions? And if a second coat is recommended/necessary?

Also - when to use reload, if I even have to?

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to compound it off. A polish will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure on how permanent it was.

Any suggestions from anyone on application conditions? And if a second coat is recommended/necessary?

Also - when to use reload, if I even have to?
    The more coats the thicker it will be on the paint so do as many as you like. They say the protection won't last any longer for more coats but it will be a thicker sacrificial layer.

Reload isn't needed. You want to use reload 1 hour after application if you plan to get they vehicle wet. I'd suggest to just keep it inside instead of risking it either way. And a light finish polish can level it out after cured but if you polish any off I would recommend just reapplying in that area or the whole panel to be sure you don't have any weak spots.