autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polisher? Paint correction? $200

I have $200 to spend I'm looking for something that can easily do paint correction. What do you guys suggest I buy? Alright have a pc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher? Paint correction? $200

Wait--you already have a PC and you're looking to buy a different polisher for $200?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes a rotary

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. How much time do you have behind your PC?

Anyway, here's a Makita for $220, you ought to be able to burn the paint off something with it:

Makita 9227C 7 inch Circular Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

I mean yea I have never used a rotary ok that doest mean sit here and bash me everyone has to start some where just like I'm sure you did. I have used my pc for about 3 months now and have done over 25 vehicles with it and haven't had any bad reviews with are services. That's face it tho the pc takes to long to do paint correction with and I'm a detailer that's in business and time is money, what can do the job faster at a safely manner I'm not stupid and going to hold a rotary or any polisher that is over a spot at 3000rpm and burn through the paint ok so common dude you gonna help me out or are you gonna sit there and keep bsing

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of pads and compounds do you have?. A dual action performs great with the right technique and products.rotary is ideal for isolated deep scratches and damp sanding.The griots dual action is one little powerful machine.why would you rotary a car and spend so much more time to remove the halograms left from the rotary,unless your getting 700 to 1200 for a correction and coating .If not then don't create more work and promblems for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I use lc pads I was thinking about getting the g21 just spending the extra $

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    I mean yea I have never used a rotary ok that doest mean sit here and bash me everyone has to start some where just like I'm sure you did. I have used my pc for about 3 months now and have done over 25 vehicles with it and haven't had any bad reviews with are services. That's face it tho the pc takes to long to do paint correction with and I'm a detailer that's in business and time is money, what can do the job faster at a safely manner I'm not stupid and going to hold a rotary or any polisher that is over a spot at 3000rpm and burn through the paint ok so common dude you gonna help me out or are you gonna sit there and keep bsing
    nobody is calling you stupid.The fastest way to do a detail is with a pc.maybe you just need to brush up on different products and pads and find the correct arm speed and technique suited for different paint conditions.maybe you can order mike Philips book and read it.He has a lot of info on different situations and proper technique.we all start from somewhere and some of us learn the hard way and using a rotary for production detailing is not the way to start off good luck and think about the mp book it's cheap and you just can't go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I was a little snarky--the Mk. I Rupes is on sale and might be a pretty good deal for you:

Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, rupes bigfoot, rupes car polisher

But as GSKR was alluding to, you can do a lot of great work in production detailing with something like this and your PC:

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System 5 Inch Starter Kit, paint correction kit, dual action polishing kit

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Setec Astronomy;1376895]Sorry I was a little snarky--the Mk. I Rupes is on sale and might be a pretty good deal for you:

Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, rupes bigfoot, rupes car polisher

I would definitely get this Rupes over the rotary you will will use it more often then a rotary.

I have a Pc,Flex, and a Makita. Rarely do I need to use my rotary.
    IDA-CD
    Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast