autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars products

These products confuse me slightly. I always thought of a glaze as a product for after the finishing polish but where would something like these be used and what's the difference from these and traditional glazes
    Meguiars products-imageuploadedbyagonline1461724340-250334-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars products

Those are old school diminishing abrasive "cleaners". You wouldn't want to use any of those as a finishing step. Only M02, and M09 are designated for use with a d/a if that's the machine you use.

A more modern choice for finishing would be M205 Ultra Finishing Polish, or Ultimate Polish from their Ultimate line.

The "Mirror Glaze" refers to the line of products it represents. Meguiar's has a few different lines, such as Ultimate, Mirror Glaze, Detailer, Marine, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Those are old school diminishing abrasive "cleaners". You wouldn't want to use any of those as a finishing step. Only M02, and M09 are designated for use with a d/a if that's the machine you use.

A more modern choice for finishing would be M205 Ultra Finishing Polish, or Ultimate Polish from their Ultimate line.

The "Mirror Glaze" refers to the line of products it represents. Meguiar's has a few different lines, such as Ultimate, Mirror Glaze, Detailer, Marine, etc.
    Exactly what I'm looking for does the ultimate polish finish out better than the m205?

Post Thanks / Like

i have found they finish out about the same.. very well and when i used them they were the last correction step..

i only changed to Scholl s20+ black to save time (single step, strong rapidly dinishing correction) ... the finished result was no real difference IME..

Post Thanks / Like

Good!

Not really. They're both excellent polishes. I took some advice from an old thread I found where a guy used M205 on something like speed 3 to final polish his paint, and I liked the result I got when I tried it with both M205 and UP.

I do prefer UP for some reason though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Good!

Not really. They're both excellent polishes. I took some advice from an old thread I found where a guy used M205 on something like speed 3 to final polish his paint, and I liked the result I got when I tried it with both M205 and UP.

I do prefer UP for some reason though.
    The up is a a polish looked at as less then the 205 tho weird how sometimes the superior polish doesn't make a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    The up is a a polish looked at as less then the 205 tho weird how sometimes the superior polish doesn't make a big difference.
    Not for me.

However, M205 can be used in body shop environments, and with a rotary machine. It's a little more flexible, and will also cut harder than UP.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I'm looking for does the ultimate polish finish out better than the m205?
    Not necessarily. Both finish just as good. The difference between the two is that M205 offers a little more correction and UP offers more polishing oils. I personally prefer the versatility of M205 over UP.

UP is derived from M205 and contains the same type of abrasives. Just less of them.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer M205 as well, but UP is available everywhere so I get that

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't necessarily look at UP as being "less than" 205. Am I right, guys? I think it depends on what you are looking for. Being new to machine polishing, I was steered toward UP due to a slightly longer work time. It's maybe a little more user friendly? Can someone confirm? In any case, I was pleased with it when I did try it. The polishing oils definitely had a darkening effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast