autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss product definitive guide

Table of all the DG products from their site. Didn't include kits. I tried to summarize descriptions where needed. Added my comments. Appreciate comments on any of the others. (Can't get borders to show up.)

Number Name What it is/does How I use/comments
    101/102/103 Polish and Cleaner Synthetic polymer coating sealant?
    104 Paste Wax Blend of waxes, polymers, and polishing agents
    105/106 Total Performance Polish Synthetic polymer/wax sealant?
    111/112/113 Clear Coat Polish Synthetic formula gives shine and durable protective coating Love this stuff with 601
    151/152 Fiberglass Polish and Cleaner Synthetic protective coating
    201/202/203/204 Vinyl and Leather Dressing Adds lustre and softens vinyl and leater Seat cleaner/conditioner. Little perfumey.
    221/222 Leather conditioner Penetrates and softens leather Works well on my car seat leather
    252/253 Tire and Rubber Dressing Gives tires a "new" look. Coats/Waterproofs rubber Tires and floor mats
    261 Tire Gloss (Aerosol) Give a high gloss look to tires
    265 Ultimate Detail Spray (Aerosol) "Wet look" to bumpers, moldings, door jambs, and a/c vents
    271/272 Rubber and Flat Black Dressing Cleans and shines rubber bumpers and moldings My go-to for bumpers and wheel trim
    281/282 Wet Look Tire Shine Gives a wet look to tires
    301/302 Tonneau Cover Vinyl & Convertale Dressing Forms durable coating on tonneau covers
    321/322 Non Silicone Dressing Restores the lustre to vinyl, leather, and tires
    341 Convertable Fabric Restorer Restores water and stain repellency
    371/372 Absorb-It Odor Eliminator Eliminates odors on carpet and fabric
    401/403 All Purpose Cleaner Surfactants and cleaners that gently remove dirt, oil, grease
    420/421 Cleaner and Degreaser Cleans grease and oil from engine parts and machinery
    430/431 Truck and Equipment Wash Remove dirt and road film. Spray on, hose off.
    441/442 Leather Shampoo Gently clean leather surfaces
    451 Fabric and Carpet Cleaner (aerosol) Foaming carpet/fabric cleaner Works well
    461/462 Ultimate Orange Remove all traces of soil - can be diluted Works well
    471/472 Bug Remover Dissolves and removes bugs, oil, and tar Works well
    481/482 Wax Eraser Formulated to remove wax and polish residue
    501/503 Marine and RV Polish Clean, polish, and protect fiberglass, metal, and painted surfaces
    505/506 Water Spot Remover Removes spots without removing polishes
    521/522 Marine and RV Detail Spray Remove dust, minor soil, and oil film Is this a QD?
    531/532 Marine and RV Protectant Restores luster and water resistance to rubber vinyl and rubber Use on rubber window seals
    541/542 Marine and RV Cleaner With Mildew Buster Cleaner with mildew eliminator
    551/552 Marine and RV Aluminum Cleaner and Brightener Cleans and brightens aluminum surfaces
    561/562 Marine and RV Surface Renewer Polishing Compound Removes oxidation and scratches from gel coat/fiberglass
    581/582 Marine and RV Black Streak Emilinator Forumlated to remove black streaks
    591/592 Marine and RV Wash Concentrate Surfactents that shines as it cleans Same as 901?
    601/602 Polish Bonding Agent Sealant bonding agent Makes DG selants cure faster and last longet
    652/652 Pre-cleaner #2 Abrasives which remove oxidation, scratches, and water spots
    671/673 Swirl Mark Remover Blend of waxes, polymers, and polishings agents
    681/682 Plastic Lens Polish Polish and protect various plastics and fiberglass
    701/702 Whitewall Tire Cleaner Cleans and whitens whitewalls, also mats, blackwalls, and engines
    751/752 Rain Repel Glass cleaner with water repellent treatment Great windshield cleaner
    755/757 Glass Water Spot Remover Blend of cleaners and abrasives to remove water spots from glass
    761/762 Glass Cleaner Non-ammonia glass and chrome cleaner
    801/802/805 Chrome Wheel Cleaner Removes brake dust, oil, and road film without rubbing
    821/822 All Wheel Cleaner Removes brake dust, road film, oil, and dust
    831/832 Metal Cleaner And Brightener Cleans high polished aluminum
    851/853 Aluminum Wheel Cleaner Removes brake dust, oil, and road film from aluminum
    860/861 Aluminum Cleaner and Brightener Industrial strength aluminum cleaner
    870 Aluminum Polish Clean and polishes aluminum and other metals
    881/882/883 Metal Polish Paste version of 870
    901/902 Car Wash Concentrate Cleaner that enhances shine
    921/923 Fast Clean and Shine Quick Detailer My favorite QD. I add some AW to it
    931/932 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax Rinseless wash Great rinseless
    951/952 Aquawax Spray sealant Fantastic spray wax. Can smear if overused
    971 Aquawax Waterless Wash n Wax Clean, shine, and protect all types of finishes
    1010 Nanoglass Ceramic Coating Seals and protects paint (coating)
    1060 Squeaky Clean Surface Prep Removes surface residue, dirt, and waxes
    2930 Track Claw Racing Polish Fluoropolymer "wet look" polish sealant? coating?
    2935 Track Claw Plastic Polish Protectant Clean and protect all types of plastic
    2950 Track Claw All Purpose Cleaner (aerosol) APC and degreaser
    2970/2971 Track Claw Kart Formula Tire Stregthener for kart racing tires
    2995 Track Claw Tire Strengthener Strengthen and vulcanize tires
    9001 Plush MicroFiber Wash Mitt MF wash mitt
    9002 Plush MicroFiber Drying Towel 17" x 26" drying towel
    9003 Plush MicroFiber Polishing Cloth Polishing towel This is a great towel. Expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Can you use #601 with any synthetic LSP such as Wolfgang?

The reviews here indicating better gloss and look have piqued my interest!!
    Probably best not to waste the effort. The chemical processes in #601 are likely set up to work with the polymers, enzymes, vitamins & minerals in the other Duragloss sealants and cleaner/sealant products.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried two more:

821 Wheel Cleaner: works pretty well, as expected. Had very dirty front wheels. Sprayed them heavily and let it sit for 5+ minutes. Then took a large speed master brush to it. Cleaned up really nicely. Can't say that it was better than other wheel cleaners. I can say it doesn't stink like Sonax and Griots, and that it's a lot foamier when you take a brush to it. Rinsed off and wheels look great. Not sure it's better than others. It's very good.

521: Marine and RV Detail Spray: Others have described this as Fast Clean & Shine (921) on steroids. Not sure what that means, but I think I agree. First of all, it seems thicker. I overs-strayed onto a window and it was pretty smeary to remove. It wipes off the paint fine, but has some streaking like Aquawax. Definitely finishes like AQ - really nice shine. I didn't take the time to do a side-by-side comparison. In the future I'll try to do a comparison between the three close to each other and look for any difference. Many of us mix our FC&S with 25% AW. I'd say this is similar to that, maybe a little heavier on the AW. Until I looked more closely I can't see any reason to recommend it (or not) over FC&S with AW added. Actually, it seems slipperier applying and afterward. Can't be sure until I do them side-by-side.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Remember, when comparing products that seem similar in performance, one determining factor may be price per ounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jowillie View Post
    Great report. Remember, when comparing products that seem similar in performance, one determining factor may be price per ounce.
    DG wheel cleaner is about $0.45 per oz. Sonax is $1.06. Griots is $0.60.

The RV detail spray is about $0.40 per oz. FC&S is about the same. Megs ultimate is about the same price. Pinnacle and Wolfgang are more than 2x the price. Didn't check other. (Guessing most use rinseless far more than detail spray now, so price may not be a huge issue.)

Post Thanks / Like

My two favorite Duragloss products are 601/105

I'm also a fan of Collinite 476 845 915

Can't beat the prices of these products
    2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss is a hidden gem in a number of ways. Extremely cost effective and for many paint systems their products easily meet expectations. This thread was a long time coming and I can't believe I missed this since April.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    My two favorite Duragloss products are 601/105

I'm also a fan of Collinite 476 845 915

Can't beat the prices of these products
    Soooo... I'm playing around with coatings. And they're great. 2 years of shine and protection, easy to apply, inexpensive. All sounds good.

But then I compare coatings to Collinite. It's not the same look. I was looking at my wife's car a few minutes ago when the sun peeked through the clouds. I put one coat of 845 on it about 2 weeks ago. Holy crap it looks amazing. That stuff has a different reflection - it kind of makes it 3D. Hard to describe. It's sometimes disorienting to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Two amazing product lines Duragloss and Collinite. The longevity is amazing also.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bummer. Received my latest order which was to include 531 Marine & RV protectant which leaves a natural finish not even matte. Any way they substituted 531 with 303. I have a whole gallon of 303 and now another 32oz. bottle LOL. Just checked DG's site and it is still there so maybe Autopia ( Sister site )stopped carrying it. I will have to email DG and see what is up.

Dave

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast