autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Wheel Cleaner VS Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner

I am looking for a good wheel cleaner that isn't ridiculously expensive. I clean my car once a week and am am good at not letting anything get really caked on the wheels. I see the "iron eating technology" in the Griots Heavy Duty Cleaner, I am wondering if the same is in the regular Wheel Cleaner. What are the main differences?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Wheel Cleaner VS Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    I am looking for a good wheel cleaner that isn't ridiculously expensive. I clean my car once a week and am am good at not letting anything get really caked on the wheels. I see the "iron eating technology" in the Griots Heavy Duty Cleaner, I am wondering if the same is in the regular Wheel Cleaner. What are the main differences?
    Heavy-Duty Wheel Cleaner, as the name implies, is a heavy-duty cleaner that's designed for wheels with caked-on brake dust and road grime. Since you wash your car weekly, the regular Wheel Cleaner from Griot's Garage will be more than adequate. They are two very different formulas.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the regular green is very nice, pleasant scent, safe, works well (for a safe, pH-neutral formula), also works well on well-maintained tires while you're cleaning the wheels. And very reasonably priced compared to products like P21S.

Post Thanks / Like

If your wheels are well maintained from the get go(no baked on brake dust), the griots green wheel cleaner is an excellent maintenance wheel cleaner.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

The HD cleaner has the active ingredient (color changing) you see in products like IronX and Sonax Full Effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear a few comments about GC, i always wondered how their stuff works. Here on the west coast i was looking for some new products and stumbled across CG before i found out about autogeeek. Im so glad they had bad service because that turned me off and i went researching for another distributors and came across AG and a few others. And since then i have been a happy camper. However, i wouldn't mind trying the Chemical Guys After Wash and Chemical Guys Glossworkz Hi-Foam Gloss Booster & pH Neutral Auto Wash and the new CYCLONE looks cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be over kill to use the heavy duty wheel cleaner every week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    Would it be over kill to use the heavy duty wheel cleaner every week?
    Honestly, if your wheels are sealed, you don't have crazy German brake dust, and you wash them once every week or two, you really don't need anything more than car soap, or at the worst, the regular green Griot's. If you haven't sealed your wheels, get them clean and shoot them with some CarPro HyrdO2 (if you don't want to seal them with a traditional product).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Honestly, if your wheels are sealed, you don't have crazy German brake dust, and you wash them once every week or two, you really don't need anything more than car soap, or at the worst, the regular green Griot's. If you haven't sealed your wheels, get them clean and shoot them with some CarPro HyrdO2 (if you don't want to seal them with a traditional product).
    I see people commonly talk about sealing the wheels but honestly i have never had an issue with wheels is this something that needs to be done, what benefit does it really bring if i clean the car regularly?

Post Thanks / Like

The same benefit that waxing/sealing your car has, it makes the wheels easier to clean, and helps them stay cleaner longer between washings.