autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Check My Product Order List

Quote Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
    I am new to the forums and have been compiling a list of items for renewing a couple of my vehicle finishes.

Here is what I have so far..

Rupes 21ES Bigfoot
    3 each of the Rupes green, yellow, and white 7" pads
    12 pack Pinnacle yellow foam applicator pads
    McKee's 37 microfiber cleaner
    McKee's 37 polishing pad rejuvenator
    3 Supreme Micro-Chenille wash mitts
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay
    Chemguys 8 pack microfiber pads
    Chemguys 12 pack 16x16 premium microfiber towels

I have not listed any polishing compounds/gloss enhancers because I already have the following in the Zaino line and because I am completely ignorant about detailing products other than Zaino.

Z-PC
    Z-AIO
    Z-2
    Z-5
    Z-6
    Z-7

I have been using Zaino since 2000 so I have not had a good reason to make a switch yet. However, if there is something better out there, I am all ears. One reason I would like to try something a little different is due to the time it takes to apply and remove the Zaino.

From a polishing compound standpoint, what would you fellas recommend?

I had my mind set on the Wolfgang UBER along with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but am now having second thoughts.

Any recommendations?

The cars I will be working on/correcting are a 2012 CTSV in black raven and a 2000 SS Camaro in red. Before touching either of these two cars, I will be experimenting on my dark stone 2007 F150 just in case.

Thanks,

Shawn
    Zaino was hard to beat back in the day, still brings a tear to my eye they stopped innovating, but the popular stuff AG sells is light years easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes polishes work really well with their pads and polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    What is your Zaino process that takes so long?

What is it that you are trying to achieve with your Rupes machine? Defect removal? What kind (scratches, light swirls, etc)?
    Regarding the Zaino, I find myself using the Z-5 a large portion of the time to fight a few swirl marks etc. I also have to use a significant amount of pressure to remove the Z-5. Regardless of how good Zaino is, I find myself looking for alternatives, that are faster and better, simply because that is the nature of the beast and remember.... the grass is always greener on the other side.

With the Rupes, the goal is to correct the clear coat from four years of improper washing techniques which involve swirl marks along with a few scratches.

I am hopeful that upon completion of the F150 along with the Camaro, I will have the technique down along with the knowledge to make an informed decision on how to tackle the CTSV clearcoat.

Cheers,

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use Z-FX? I always found that made the Z products spread easier, and thin is in, thin application makes for easier removal of any product. That being said I only used the old Z-5, not the Z-5 Pro, and I always found that easier to work with than Z-2 Pro. I also never found the old Z-5 to be noticeably better at hiding swirls than Z-2 Pro.

As far as faster, better and easier, how about Z-CS or one of the many WOWA's available here, like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, Blackfire Crystal Seal, Opti-Seal, or Ultima Paint Guard Plus?

The Z-PC was always a very nice light polish, but it doesn't have too much cut. The Wolfgang Uber followed by the Finishing Glaze is a good combo, or for lighter defects try the Total Swirl Remover by itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Do you use Z-FX? I always found that made the Z products spread easier, and thin is in, thin application makes for easier removal of any product. That being said I only used the old Z-5, not the Z-5 Pro, and I always found that easier to work with than Z-2 Pro. I also never found the old Z-5 to be noticeably better at hiding swirls than Z-2 Pro.

As far as faster, better and easier, how about Z-CS or one of the many WOWA's available here, like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, Blackfire Crystal Seal, Opti-Seal, or Ultima Paint Guard Plus?

The Z-PC was always a very nice light polish, but it doesn't have too much cut. The Wolfgang Uber followed by the Finishing Glaze is a good combo, or for lighter defects try the Total Swirl Remover by itself.
    Setec, I noticed the astronomy in your name.. Does Teeter telescopes ring a bell? I had him build a 12.5" F/6 with a Zambuto mirror.. Good stuff!

Onto the detailing discussion.. I am currently using the pro version in both the Z-2 and the Z-5 which could explain the added difficulty in removal. Currently I am heehawing between the Wolfgang and Rupes polishing compounds. I think that whichever way I go, everything will work out fine. The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Seal is definitely towards the top of the list.

Thanks,

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
    Setec, I noticed the astronomy in your name.. Does Teeter telescopes ring a bell? I had him build a 12.5" F/6 with a Zambuto mirror.. Good stuff!
    Nope, the only telescope I know anything about is the Hubble. Screen name is a movie reference.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots BOSS creams.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Griots BOSS creams.
    Thanks for the information. One thing I have learned rather quickly is the crazy amount of different brands/products to choose from. In fact, I can barely put one foot in front of the other because my two brain cells are completely occupied with choosing the correct products!

Thanks,

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Are you getting the Rupes MARKll? Or the older version 21?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Are you getting the Rupes MARKll? Or the older version 21?
    I will be sticking with the older version and using the price difference to add detailing accessories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast