autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax

I want to order both the regular and the wash and wax... but I was also getting the express wax... so can I just save the $60 and only get the rinseless express wash and the express wax....... or buy all 3...I understand the uses of each but seems to me like you just don't need to spend the extra $60.... unless it's truly that much better! Gosh I hope that makes since. .. lol

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax

Having all 3 would be nice.

But if your going to get the express wax, or regularly wax your car, the wash n wax isn't really needed.

Now it all depends on if your just maintaining your own car, or your going to be doing other people's cars.

The express wax would offer better protection then the wax in the wash solution.

If I was you I would use the 60 dollars on something else usefull that you need.

Post Thanks / Like

I get you. You're saying why not D114 + D156 instead of D115.

D115 is useful in a sense that it's "self contained" wash & wax, whereas the other two are good on their own, but better as a team. Also, you can't clean/touch up with D156. You could with D114, but no bling after application, whereas D115 will clean and shine.

D115 is good on the go and for emergencies; fingerprints, bird bombs, etc. The other two are great when you have time to sit and spend a nice afternoon with the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax

Quote Originally Posted by jasper99006 View Post
    I want to order both the regular and the wash and wax... but I was also getting the express wax... so can I just save the $60 and only get the rinseless express wash and the express wax....... or buy all 3...I understand the uses of each but seems to me like you just don't need to spend the extra $60.... unless it's truly that much better! Gosh I hope that makes since. .. lol
    I'd say that it depends on your vehicles paint and how carefull or afraid you are when touching it.. As a waterless wash D115 works a bit better and is slicker than D114 as a waterless @1:128, especially on finicky paint. However, if your paint is hard, and you find that it never seems to swirl up as long as you follow proper method, then D114 as a waterless works great. And using D156 along with it will indeed work perfect.

I maintain my fathers truck with either D114 & D156 or D115. Nothing but waterless. It's been about 2yrs. since I corrected the paint on this truck, and I wipe it down like I bearly even care.. I usually just use 2 towels to waterless wash the whole truck [1 to wipe, 1 to dry] And it's Still swirl free!

Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1460436666-293873-jpg

Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1460436684-825473-jpg

Meguiars rinseless wash.....and wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1460436701-126826-jpg

I wish that same kind of paint was offered on all vehicles.👆🏽I'd have no problem paying a premium for it. It's smooth, and so easy to wipedown. It never swirls. I love that paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feed back.. it's going to be for maintenance washes... I figure as I dry I'll just spray the d156 and calling good.. I like to keep products to a minimum so of if I can use the two and not have to buy the 3rd I'm ok with that! .. thanks guys I'll save the $60 and down the road I'll have to give the 115 a try.. again thanks and great pix btw!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasper99006 View Post
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the feed back.. it's going to be for maintenance washes... I figure as I dry I'll just spray the d156 and calling good.. I like to keep products to a minimum so of if I can use the two and not have to buy the 3rd I'm ok with that! .. thanks guys I'll save the $60 and down the road I'll have to give the 115 a try.. again thanks and great pix btw!
    The reasons vary, but Meguiar's D115 may
    not be the RW/WW product for everyone.

However: enough people petitioned Meguiar's
    for a larger version (more economical) of their
    Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (UW&WA).
    Meguiar's listened to those Customers.

The result:
    D115 is, essentially, the concentrated
    formula of UW&WA.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow ok thanks Bob I wondered if it was the same... now back to do I pull the trigger. .. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd just get D114 and D156. D115 is good but at 1:4 dilution it's not very economical whereas D114 is 1:128 and a gallon of D156 will last a long time