autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best "AIO" (1 Step) Polish

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    You can, and I have all those products too. Speed has some Poxy in it so they are synergistic when finishing with Poxy but you will be fine to use up the other products. I probably would have gone with HD Adapt and polished the paint then protected with WG 3.0. But either way you'll be okay. And if you're being ocd you can always top the WG 3.0 with Souveran. These days I'm personally into minimalism. Meaning the best results with the least amount of effort. On my dd's it's a one step. On my garage queen it's a high end nuba. Maximum two steps on anything I do. The products are out there today that rarely do you need to do more unless you get the joy out of a second 4-5 hour polishing step. My back won't allow for that so I'm always searching for the best for the least and that's why I'm such a fan of HD Products. Lowest in use cost. Most user friendly. Easiest to remove and the results speak for themselves.

I used Menzerna 3-n-1 when it first came out and being loyal to AG I didn't buy any HD products until they decided to offer them. I used Speed once and I was blown away. Menzerna 3-n-1 has been on my shelf since, retired that is.

Why? because it has less working time and is way harder to remove. You have to use it as a polish and go section by section and wipe if after each section. With Speed you're actually better off letting it set up so the Poxy factor take effect and then come back and wipe it off. And wipe off is a freaing breeze! Keep in mind I live in Florida. I call it the sweat factor when referring to wipe off. And you use about twice as much Menz per vehicle and Menz is way more $$ to begin with with. If I was 3D / HD's competitors I'd be worried too LOL.
    This is my first time posting.Hopefully I won't make an ass of myself. While I'm a huge fan of HD Speed, from my experience I tend to reach for D151 or Menzerna 3in1 when I want a "well-rounded" AIO. HD Speed is by FAR the easiest and most enjoyable product I've ever used, but when used in a cool shaded environment being sure to leave just a thin layer of product on the paint, BOTH Menzerna 3in1 and D151 can also be used over an entire vehicle before being removed (depending on how long it takes you to finish polishing the entire car) I have found that especially Menzerna 3in1 and D151 were still very easy to remove even after 30 minutes. While nothing i've tried is easier than hd speed to remove, I love that 3in1 and D151 both have a cut of 6 while hd speed only has a cut of 2 (I think?). Again, this is my first post and I may be totally off about the actual cut of each of those AIO products, but hopefully someone like Bob (reigning forum champion) will explain to me in thorough detail why i'm completely wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

How about using 845 over HD Speed??

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the McKee's 37 360, and the XMT 360 are the same formula.....

Post Thanks / Like

I like Sonax's NPT Paint Cleaner.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    This is my first time posting.Hopefully I won't make an ass of myself. While I'm a huge fan of HD Speed, from my experience I tend to reach for D151 or Menzerna 3in1 when I want a "well-rounded" AIO. HD Speed is by FAR the easiest and most enjoyable product I've ever used, but when used in a cool shaded environment being sure to leave just a thin layer of product on the paint, BOTH Menzerna 3in1 and D151 can also be used over an entire vehicle before being removed (depending on how long it takes you to finish polishing the entire car) I have found that especially Menzerna 3in1 and D151 were still very easy to remove even after 30 minutes. While nothing i've tried is easier than hd speed to remove, I love that 3in1 and D151 both have a cut of 6 while hd speed only has a cut of 2 (I think?). Again, this is my first post and I may be totally off about the actual cut of each of those AIO products, but hopefully someone like Bob (reigning forum champion) will explain to me in thorough detail why i'm completely wrong.
    The Autopia polish chart isn't accurate. From what I have read and witnessed in reviews,no way would HD Speed achieve those results in eliminating defects with only a cut of 2. Also the chart claims FG400,SHC300,M105 and M101 to have the same cut, lol,anyone who has used those will know how inaccurate that is.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360 is a very nice product, IMO. I used it on my Reflex Silver Passat recently. Removed some light marring from my hard paint, and left a very nice look. Dummy proof and super easy to remove. NOT easy to remove from the pads though, which leads me to believe the durability will be as advertised.

The following week I used the McKee's spray wax as a drying aid...Again, very nice stuff. Honestly, with the durability (advertised) of 360, the fast wax, and the rinseless with wax, this combo could live on indefinitely if washed at a decent frequency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The Autopia polish chart isn't accurate. From what I have read and witnessed in reviews,no way would HD Speed achieve those results in eliminating defects with only a cut of 2. Also the chart claims FG400,SHC300,M105 and M101 to have the same cut, lol,anyone who has used those will know how inaccurate that is.

And cut of a product is also subject to pad selection.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Hd has a cap on its corrective possibilities.even with the harshest pad it will leave no hazing or micro marring that's what makes this product outstanding a long with its affordable price.fg 400 and HD speed are great combined together as aio for a car that needs more attention.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, well when you put it that way

Post Thanks / Like

What would you rate those four compounds on the Autopia Chart?

Beware of those giving suggestions without evidence of their results.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast