autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reload Application Question

Hey guys, I just recieved my 1st bottle of Reload and I'm excited to try it soon. Up until now I've had the general idea that I should be cautious about not over spraying Reload on the panel in order to avoid possible streaking.. That perticular aspect of it is something I need to be extra cautious about since I have the habit of overusing spray wax such as Megs D156.

People talk about 1 spray per panel of D156, I use alot more than that, I can't help it. Lol.
    But I'm willing to change my ways with the Reload because I don't want to suffer any streaking, not to mention this stuff's not exactly cheap on the wallet.

But when I checked out Carpros own official video of Reload, this dude is applying even more Reload than I ever have D156, Way more.

Carpro Reload Application Question-imageuploadedbyagonline1459488773-746495-jpg

If you check him out on this vid, he literally uses 30+ sprays of Reload on just the right side of the hood.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxARI5IaQU8

How do you guys apply Reload for best results? 1-2 sprays per panel like D156 should be used? Or 30+ sprays for half a panel like Carpro does on their official video? I'm a bit confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Reload Application Question

I'd ask RonKH about how to apply it, it is April Fool's Day.

Post Thanks / Like

I spray it on a short nap micro,one to apply the other to remove.spraying it on the panel you will get overspray all over the glass etc why do all that extra work if you don't need to.I put a very little bit of water in it to cut down on the streaking on hot days.

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly that video was used to show that you can't over use reload. This is when everyone was having the streaking problems.

I would never use that much though. You would have a heck of time wiping it all off.

Reload is a great sealant but one thing about it is it takes a little more rubbing to fully remove. Another thing is it may or may not leave the surface looking a little oily.

So my technique is to never spray the panel. Overspray with reload seems harder to remove. I have great luck using a round microfiber applicator with the finger pocket but you can also use a tight weave towel. I give the applicator 4 sprays and start spreading. Don't try to tackle an area to big. I usually work 2x2 sections. Next use a nice plush microfiber to remove residue and continue on. You should only need one spray on the applicator or towel per panel as you move around the vehicle.

The worst thing I've experienced with reload is the paint looks a little oily after and if you keep wiping it just keeps spreading. But I could only see this in certain light. It's like the product just won't fully flash. The car sat in the garage over night though and this oily look was gone the next day.

Good luck with everything. It does leave a very glassy look after. It's nice. Water behavior is very good too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I spray it on a short nap micro,one to apply the other to remove.spraying it on the panel you will get overspray all over the glass etc why do all that extra work if you don't need to.I put a very little bit of water in it to cut down on the streaking on hot days.
    Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post

So my technique is to never spray the panel. Overspray with reload seems harder to remove. I have great luck using a round microfiber applicator with the finger pocket but you can also use a tight weave towel. I give the applicator 4 sprays and start spreading. Don't try to tackle an area to big. I usually work 2x2 sections. Next use a nice plush microfiber to remove residue and continue on. You should only need one spray on the applicator or towel per panel as you move around the vehicle.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought about overspray being a possible issue, [I was mainly concerned about overuse] so I'm glad you guys brought it to my attention.

As far as application, if I were to use an applictator, do I spray the applicator, work it into the paint, then pretty much Immediately wipe it off with a clean microfiber towel? No need to wait even a few seconds before wiping off?

I was looking through my stuff and I found a new virgin foam applicator. I'm thinking it'd work good to apply the Reload? I have a clean microfiber app, but it's been used before, and I can still smell residue from whatever it is that didn't fully wash out of it, so I don't want to use it.

QUOTE=Setec Astronomy;1367789]I'd ask RonKH about how to apply it, it is April Fool's Day.[/QUOTE]

I don't even wanna ask.. I've got enough detail oriented worries [the good sort of worries, I hope] on my mind. Lol.

I'm getting an early start. It'll be 5:30am shortly when I begin. It's 55 degrees atm, 1mph wind. It'll be 68 degrees @ 11am and I'll be working in the shade on a pearl white vehicle. I hope my eyesight is with me today, because it's always a PITA to check results on that white paint. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'd ask RonKH about how to apply it, it is April Fool's Day.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to wait...work it into the paint and immediately remove.

As far as the foam applicator give it a shot. Have both on hand incase you don't like it. I have used a meguiars foam applicator when applying reload to wheels and it worked good.

Please keep us posted on how you make out. Best of luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had success just spraying it on, spread with a short nap MF, then remove with a medium nap MF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I have had success just spraying it on, spread with a short nap MF, then remove with a medium nap MF.
    I have a batch of once washed Costco Kirklands, some Megs Ultimate Wipes, and some Gray Supreme 530 Microfiber Towels.

So spread with the Ultimate Wipe or the short nap side of the Costcos.
    Then buff off with the plush side of the Costcos or the Supreme 530's right?

Post Thanks / Like

Save the costcos for wheels and under hood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast