autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have really hard water, you may want use jugs of distilled water with the ONR. It's only like .59 a gallon and would give you better results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two black cars. Washing them in the sun makes em look horrible. I actually wash when it's dark out sometimes. Neighbors prolly think I'm crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a crspotless filter, the big one, man it worked great, tried it out today for the first time.

Highly recommend it.

I have a black T/A as well, and lemme tell ya, it made washing the car a whole different experience, because I could take my time, no worries about it drying out and forming spots.

I did the all the glass first, then rinsed, then the hood and rinsed, then the fenders and rinsed, then the sides (but saved the lower part of the sides, you know where the pockets are and the line on the door, I do that area last, basically I don't touch the lower foot of the car til' last) then the rear and rinsed, then the nose and rinsed, then the lower foot of the sides.

It came out perfect, I picked the unit up from Costco, which ships it free, the odd thing is Costco sells it 50 bucks cheaper than the manufacturer, yet it comes with a whole extra recharge of resin for both canisters!

I could of blew it off, but I purposely left the water on it and put it in the garage, hours later...inspection time...no spots.

Very pleased with this purchase, no more self serve car wash for me..oh yea!!!
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 11-04-2007 at 05:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting, I tried the Mr. Clean thingy and didn't like it. Just gonna stick with avoiding the sun and using my microfibers for now, but I'll keep that in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    That's interesting, I tried the Mr. Clean thingy and didn't like it. Just gonna stick with avoiding the sun and using my microfibers for now, but I'll keep that in mind.
    I agree with using Optimum No Rinse. I can be 100 degrees with the sun out. So long as you wash and dry one section at a time (the hood, each door, a quarter panel, etc.) you will be fine. Now that it is cooler, my sections have tripled or quadrupled in size. Makes things go even faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the better rule of thumb is washing is not best in "direct" sunlight. A bright day and cool breeze might just be the perfect detailing session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgt View Post
    dp 4-1 rinsless wash
    Thats become one of my best friends. We live in a condo, so we have no garage, no shady area. According to our condo rules we're not even supposed to wash our cars in our development. I was taking our cars to my parents house during the weekend, but with tighter water restrictions this year its made that difficult. I try to get out early in the morning before it gets blistering hot and tackle our cars with the waterless wash. No one around seems to have a problem, in-fact(although a little annoying) I have watchers who like to "hey can you do mine next" line or "your gonna take the paint off" line.
    Even when its pretty hot, if you work quick with the waterless wash not much is left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So you are not supposed to wash in the sun...

whats the difference between dp 4-1 rinseless and the onr like which one has more uses, which one has better lubricity, which one cleans better and which one is safer on the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

wake up early in the morning or wait til the evning and as long as the car is wet, water spots have a very slim chance of etching into your paint

Post Thanks / Like

The early in the morning, late in the evening thing works for me when bucket washing.
    I do have a garage and I also do a lot of Rinseless washing. In fact, rinseless has replaced most of my hose & bucket washes year round.

Something I have done that would work for your waxing is go to a parking ramp with a roof or to a park with some shade trees. I do that occasionally when I have to be away from the garage and find I have the time to do a quick application of wax/sealant. I have done the parking ramp thing while waiting for my wife at the mall. I have done the park/shade tree thing when I have a free hour when I'm running around town.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123