autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vac/Blower

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vac/Blower

After drying the car with a blower, do you guys usually go over it with a detail spray or spray wax or could you skip this step every other wash?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Chemical Guys Jet Blower; its basically a small light leaf blower and it works great. Having a Ford with that honey comb grill (Focus ST), its the only way to dry it without wrapping your finger in a towel! Works great on all the hard to reach spots.

I'm sure the Metro works the same however the CG one was readily available up here (Canada).

Post Thanks / Like

The Toro Power Sweep is top rated and costs less than $35. That's what I use and it works really well. Very satisfied. I thought about using the shop vac on blower, but have not got around to trying that. The motor is far more powerful and I have a 20 ft hose and all attachments. Anyone try the shop vac?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Creedmoor View Post
    The Toro Power Sweep is top rated and costs less than $35. That's what I use and it works really well. Very satisfied. I thought about using the shop vac on blower, but have not got around to trying that. The motor is far more powerful and I have a 20 ft hose and all attachments. Anyone try the shop vac?
    I started to give this a shot, but I've only got one hose and use it for suction......The other day I was just playing around with it as a blower and stepped on the hose by accident...out came a puff of dust (grit).......Not crazy about that......Think I'm just going to invest $35 in a cheap leaf blower......I figure a 2nd hose would cost me about that much and it's probably a bigger pain to store than a small leaf blower......

BTW I've got a leaf blower on hand, but it also vacuums and I've used it to pick up leaves before, so for the same reason as above I don't want to use it for drying either.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo333 View Post
    I started to give this a shot, but I've only got one hose and use it for suction......The other day I was just playing around with it as a blower and stepped on the hose by accident...out came a puff of dust (grit).......Not crazy about that......Think I'm just going to invest $35 in a cheap leaf blower......I figure a 2nd hose would cost me about that much and it's probably a bigger pain to store than a small leaf blower......

BTW I've got a leaf blower on hand, but it also vacuums and I've used it to pick up leaves before, so for the same reason as above I don't want to use it for drying either.....

You nailed the reason for the development of the DP Turbo Dryer. We take so much care in the processes to make sure we have the perfect paint. We wanted you to have a dedicated tool for drying with the right features but most of all made the job easier and safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Master Blaster because, well, I own one.

(and love it).

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Tim! Welcome!

I'm using my Shop•Vac 6.5's blower core for car drying and it's truly a beast. I'm not worried about blowing dirt on my car as none of the air-mover's passages ever see any dirt under normal conditions when vacuuming, by design.

Can you tell me if it's safe to drill a couple of small holes on each side handle to attach d-rings for a shoulder strap?
    Francesco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12