Just wanting to get people's feedback on aftermarket wheels. For starters not all of them are bad looking but others are over the top ridiculous. Some are classy, some are trashy. Some are super clean, some are neglected. Some like as an upgrade over base model while others want to draw attention and say look at me. Just wanting to start a discussion.

Me personally I feel a car should stay as it left the factory. I view cars as art and appreciate the designers art. I know others like to make their car their own canvas.

I do like the wheels that are a compliment/throw back to a by gone era with designs that reminds us designs from the muscle car mag style wheels. I can't stand the black painted wheels and really hate it on a white car.

I don't like cleaning them because for what ever reason I always seem to get the neglected ones. I had a detail on a GMC truck a few months back, it had been customized by the dealer and sold off the showroom already upgraded. This poor truck had been beat to death. Scratches, swirls, brown tires, dirty interior, and the chrome on the American Racing wheels was literally flaking off. Nothing I could do but clean them. That customer has invested in new wheels now and I think I have him talked into a little TLC by me on the paint trying to relive it's old glory.

And OH MY GOD what is up with the 28s under a lifted POS? Wheels probably more than the car. Now don't get me wrong but some of the tricked out rides are pretty sweet. The paintwork on some can be amazing.

Your turn...