autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: aftermarket wheels: like it, love it, or hate them?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I just turned down a very clean set of nice 22" Black Rhino Wheels (Pondora) and 305/40-22 Nitto 420S Tires for my Tahoe, as one reason was, the woman, after working a deal, decided to put another 1K+ wear on the tires with an out of town drive to Tucson AZ. The straw that broke the camel's back and just as well, I probably would've had rub every time I turned a corner.

I like a personalization with my well cared for SUV, yet I want a happy medium, as I matured, and grew wise, I don't want the truck looking like some flashy bling ghetto cruiser, nor do I want aggressiveness with off road tires-wheels, like I'm going to run up Pikes Peak either. and rattle my teeth out on a 2 hour trip.

Class, sophistication, a combination of properly selected tires-wheels which will properly work extremely well on the truck, create zero problems with use, or maintainence.

I'm beginning to realize I don't want chrome. Chrome seems to add just too much bling, chome is an SOB to maintain, regardless of some's claims of durability. I've had lots of chrome, yeah, 5' away it looks good, 5" away, I'm seeing sleeks after a few washes like I washed them with a Scotchbrite Pad.

I think chrome is out!
    I totally agree.

FYI, the road up Pikes Peak is now paved all the way to the top!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    The following picture of my car shows how I feel about after market wheels....

American Racing Deep Dish Bullets

One of my favorite wheels for American Muscle cars, looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post
    Before

After

I'm sure we'll get two different opinions on which wheels look better....
    That looks so good, really love the look!

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    OEM:

AFTERMARKET, NO COMPARISON:
    SSooooooo...........You wanna sell those OEM 19's?

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    love these aftermarket wheels on this genesis coupe...

Hyundai Genesis 3.8 | Vossen CVT Directional Wheels | Rims - YouTube

Ehhh..personally i think this is too much, too big in my opinion.

As far as aftermarket wheels on a car, i like them, but it has to be tastefully done. Some people i feel like put whatever fits as long as its aftermarket and brag about their terrible wheels.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Genesis I saw a Genesis coupe' yesterday w/ some multi-spoke wheels from TSW that looked absolutely stunning! They were also staggered and rears were a bit concaved, really, really sharp! He also had that winged logo done in black w/ tints, maybe he's on your forum. The car was pearl white and in this case, aftermarket wheels but the car into a different catagory.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Genesis I saw a Genesis coupe' yesterday w/ some multi-spoke wheels from TSW that looked absolutely stunning! They were also staggered and rears were a bit concaved, really, really sharp! He also had that winged logo done in black w/ tints, maybe he's on your forum. The car was pearl white and in this case, aftermarket wheels but the car into a different catagory.

Ah, yes i think he's on the club's facebook page, never saw or met him though but the description seems familiar. I do want the wing badges, but too costly at this point, plus the rear installation is a PITA.

Still haven't seen you rolling around, i keep my eyes open though

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by staat.t View Post
    Man you've gotta demold and debadge that beauty!! Those vipers look sick as well, what exhaust setup do you have?
    I installed the Flowmaster Force II catback system with the Super 40 mufflers a few months after I got the car in '07. I went with a mild sound since it was a daily driver at the time and was worried about getting something too loud.

Now that it's a garage queen, I recently did a reso delete and changed the tips to the largest outlet I could get for the 2.5" inlet which are Borlas with a 4.5" outlet. These cars have big rear ends, and with the wider, staggered rear wheels, I wanted a tip that kept things looking proportional. I wish I had done the delete on day 1, it makes me smile every time I drive it now and I have zero regrets. I prefer to hear that Hemi over the radio any day. The rest of my mods are a CAI and the Diablo tuner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    Ah, yes i think he's on the club's facebook page, never saw or met him though but the description seems familiar. I do want the wing badges, but too costly at this point, plus the rear installation is a PITA.

Still haven't seen you rolling around, i keep my eyes open though
    When it gets a little warmer I'll be rollin' over to Xtreme to have my tailights done in all red, maybe window tint too but I've gotta guy back home in the D that has been doing my cars since 2001 and he's a little cheaper too, like $75.00-$100.00 cheaper.

I'm sure we can meet up for lunch sometime, maybe get a couple of the locals to meet up at Strats before the Detail Day.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Seldom would any motorsports fan would thumbs down the beloved classic 240Z.

But let's be honest here, even for its time, these stockers looked like they belonged on a farming equipment. Absolutely horrid...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    One of my favorite wheels for American Muscle cars, looks amazing!

Thank you. Performance was quite noticeable too, especially after lowering and putting in Koni's!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post

Now that it's a garage queen, I recently did a reso delete and changed the tips to the largest outlet I could get for the 2.5" inlet which are Borlas with a 4.5" outlet. These cars have big rear ends, and with the wider, staggered rear wheels, I wanted a tip that kept things looking proportional. I wish I had done the delete on day 1, it makes me smile every time I drive it now and I have zero regrets. I prefer to hear that Hemi over the radio any day. The rest of my mods are a CAI and the Diablo tuner.

Yea I bought mine with the reso delete,and it was straight piped also. It's loud and getting to the point of becoming a nuisance, I might look into the bigger tips, they look great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    I installed the Flowmaster Force II catback system with the Super 40 mufflers a few months after I got the car in '07. I went with a mild sound since it was a daily driver at the time and was worried about getting something too loud.

Because the back of the car is so square, I think it would look better with squared off tips, or squared off with rounded corners.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast