I'm putting together plans for a new garage. Based on our experiences, we all have a wish list of things we would include, I was hoping some of you would share yours.

The garage will have 2-15' X 30' bays with 9' x 9' overhead doors. A dedicated equipment room which will contain my air compressor and plenty of shelving for all of my tools/supplies/products, a washer/dryer for the microfibers (dry on low heat), and a wash sink. Hard air lines will be run down the bay side walls with several connection points for pneumatic tools as well as outlets for electric tools (no more dragging hoses and cords all around the vehicle). Using T8 fluorescent lighting, sidewall lighting as well as overhead. An electric floor lift to bring vehicles up to an easy working level (looking forward to this more than anything). Obviously a floor drain. The two bays are a dedicated wash bay and a dedicated finish bay. Of course I will have water softener/purifying system. Additionally, the office/showroom and a bathroom.

I have a home based business, this is just a portion of a new, much larger garage I'm building (60' X 100") which will include several stalls for personal vehicles as well as a large open bay for toys (RV, car hauler, ATVs etc..) If I need to expand the shop, I have some flexibility to do so. I work alone and only take on the amount of work I feel like (this is my retirement business) so large scale production work is not a concern, 1-3 cars per week.

What am I missing? Looking forward to your suggestions.