autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need new Tire ideas with specs.

Quote Originally Posted by manichol View Post
    Someone else mentioned Hankook tires on here. I bought the Hankook Optimo H727. They are great. Low road noise and great handling. They also look good. Got them from discount tire direct. I have a set of cooper CS4's on my car and like them a lot as well. Can't go wrong with either one.
    I have the Hankooks on my wifes car, and they are very good. Very quiet, great handling, speed rated, and last very well. Or at least they have been on our car, they look great dressed out also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manichol View Post
    Someone else mentioned Hankook tires on here. I bought the Hankook Optimo H727. They are great. Low road noise and great handling. They also look good. Got them from discount tire direct. I have a set of cooper CS4's on my car and like them a lot as well. Can't go wrong with either one.
    Discount Tire Direct

Post Thanks / Like

What would be a good tire dressing to use, that I could buy from otc. I want something that has equally good shine and durability. I have been using meguiars nxt, it does not last,but the shine is crazy
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    What would be a good tire dressing to use, that I could buy from otc. I want something that has equally good shine and durability. I have been using meguiars nxt, it does not last,but the shine is crazy
    Check out my review of black magic tire wet wheel wax in the product review section.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    OTC Armor All Tire Gel in the squeeze bottle, actually a very good product, bought a bottle about 3 weeks ago and did wifes tires and it is lasting very well so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually do not like any of the amorall products. I feel they fit into the catagory of being cheap and odd like turtle wax. I use meguiars and heard great things about the endurance gel and the hotshine tire spray
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, no problem. Just trying to offer up an OTC that I know works well.

Post Thanks / Like

OP, what tires are you leaning towards? Now as far as tirerack and their prices go, well, factor in the install and how easy is to actually get a tire replaced when they don't have an actual store to go back to, Discount Tire does, usually all over the place but they're not in every state, them or their sister company America's Tire.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I have 28 years with the largest independent tire dealer in the country. It depends mostly on what you want out of the tire...how you drive the car...road conditions...how long you plan on keeping it. The Primacy MXV4 is an excellent tire. Yokohama is also an excellent tire. Handling, ride quality, traction are pretty similar to the Michelins they don't last quite as long but usually save you quite a bit of money.
    I realize that these are dfferent than the Pilot HxM4's, but how so? Even Michelin's website doesn't shed too much light on the subject.

FWIW...I have the Pilot MxM4's on a 2008 Honda Accord and I keep coming back to them. They were the OEM tires for this car, and they're $$$, but the handle and ride well and I get every bit of 60,000 miles out of them, and I'm not exactly driving round Miss Daisy. I've heard some complain of noise issues, but I don't seem to notice it or at least I don't mind at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I realize that these are dfferent than the Pilot HxM4's, but how so? Even Michelin's website doesn't shed too much light on the subject.

FWIW...I have the Pilot MxM4's on a 2008 Honda Accord and I keep coming back to them. They were the OEM tires for this car, and they're $$$, but the handle and ride well and I get every bit of 60,000 miles out of them, and I'm not exactly driving round Miss Daisy. I've heard some complain of noise issues, but I don't seem to notice it or at least I don't mind at all.
    Michelin's are great tires, had X-One's back in the day on our one work van, GMC Safari, that got lots of highway miles on it and they went 100k (with proper rotations and alignments) but IMO, the Conti DWS will make you a believer and not cost as much as the Michelin's do. If those aren't to your liking, check out the new Yoke's, YK580's, another great choice
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234