autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly Different

Clearly Different

This thread is for my good friend Bill who put a lot of thought and effort into an amazing gift he sent me. I’m not sure I’ve ever put as much thought into a gift as he did. Thank you Bill! You are clearly different and as all of us have known for a long time we are blessed to have you.

First things first:

This thread is not about marketing a certain line that I happen to love or any promotion of any kind. And it’s not to brag but simply to share something that I found great pleasure in with a community that may enjoy it as well or at least understands my enjoyment.

Onwards:

A couple weeks ago Bill told me he was sending a package. I could tell it was something special but I had no idea what! Bill supplied a tracking number and as the days passed he became increasingly anxious that the tracking information was not showing any movement. Well, just as I was finishing up the week last week and looking forward to my time off it arrived.

As I opened the package and spread it’s contents I just about fell over. After it sunk in for a few moments I knew immediately I had some work to do! I couldn’t very well place it in my garage in it’s current state.

You see when we bought our house in 04 we painted every room except for the garage and kitchen, which was wallpapered. The garage at that time in my life was simply somewhere we placed things we didn’t need in the house. The house was originally built in 1969 and the garage looked it! When I bought my Sky I did a lot of cleaning in the garage and made enough room to for the SkyCave to be born. While I did find the time to do some work, replacing the garage door, installing a window unit, venting the dryer through the wall to avoid excess lint, etc. I had not found the time to paint it.

Now I’ll shut up and let the pictures do the talking. I added some simple labeling on some pictures and some storyboard on others.

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clearly Different

I was a fool to buy one can of paint (obviously) so a bit after dark I shut down for the night and brought Sky back into her cave. Then I headed up to Lowes to purchase more so I could start early next morning. As I browsed the shelves I couldn’t find the paint so I called wifey in an act of desperation hoping I had the name wrong. She checked and confirmed that indeed I was correct. I asked the gentlemen if they had any left somewhere or if he could make it only to find it was a particular base that has to come off the shelf. Obviously crushed by this turn of events I lowered my head and asked him when I could expect some more. Much to my dismay he said maybe noon the next day. L As I thanked him in what must have sounded like a whimper I headed to the counter and checked out with some small consolation product in hand. Just as I was about to walk out the door I heard someone behind me. I turned to find the associate had gone to the receiving computer and accessed the truck that was coming in that night. He proudly stated to me that when they opened at 9am the product I desired would be available! I headed home and after some sustenance I enjoyed a couple drinks in the mug that a dear friend of mine gave me at his wedding 10 years ago next June.

The next morning it was off to Lowes where I found no such product on the shelves! I asked one of the packers and he tried to get rid of me saying it would be awhile. My courteous insistence convinced him to go back to the truck and get it for me. As I waited I was tempted by the nearby garage floor coatings, which I had realized my floor is in need of. Well, the 72 hours that Sky would have to be outside was a deal breaker so when he returned I moved forward with 2 gallons of my Ultra Gloss White paint in hand.

After finishing up the walls I moved onto the ceiling, which went very fast!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Mission Accomplished! … Almost L After checking my hardware bin I still couldn’t place my gift in the garage as once again poor planning on my part had struck! It would be back to Lowes and a fabric department the next morning. The next day after picking up my supplies I moved some things back into the garage, through away another pile and moved my test hoods to the backyard shed.

Finally the wonder and awe would be unveiled as the inspiration to do what I should have done years ago was placed in its perch overlooking Sky!! Thanks again Bill!!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lost for words, maybe WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    The power of a banner.

Who knew...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a cool and 'clearly different' gift!
    Nice write up and nice job on the garage. Always well documented.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Corey,

I got tired just going through all the photos, I can imagine how much work that was!!

The garage cam out great and like we always say; do it right the first time. What an amazing transformation and now Sky's got a new place to call home!!

Gorgeous Banner!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

That is so awesome !!!! Congrats Corey. Since my 350Z is on the Ultima bottles I had them send me one of the high res labels. I had it blown up and framed in my garage
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and clearly thoughtful gift!! I just love seeing what some folks on this forum do for one another. Altruism at it's best!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.