autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer Garage Clean Up

Hi guys,

I feel like I am following a trend... First, I get hooked on AutoGeek and buy products and now I am figuring out the best possible way to store my products. I am scared to ask what's next!

Its been about a year since I joined and I started noticing I did not like my garage. I really hate having things on the floor. So...I went storage shopping and spent about $500 to make the garage more clean and organized. Also, I got rid of a lot of things.

I really did not take any before pics as I always forget but I did manage to find some old pics that showcase my garage mess. Enjoy!

Check out the reflection shot and view the mess (Before)

After

Before

After

Full Shot of garage after 3 days of cleaning

Rubbermaid Fasttrack System 48"
    Really impressed with this...I like the variations in hooks and ability to change hook positions rather than having them permanent. I did have to re-drill new holes on the metal bracket to attach the system to studs.

Here is where most of my money went to.
    Sam's Club Cabinet - $200
    Initially, I bought a plastic cabinet because I thought light weight would be best in case I moved. However, once I built it and added everything to it the next day it began to bow. So I decided to get a steel cabinet instead and fork out another $100. There were plenty of shelving units but I like the look of a cabinet best. The wheels on this cabinet where the deciding factor.
    Harbor Freight Tool Cart - $160 (lots of good reviews)
    I had been researching this tool cart for the longest time. My plastic craftsman tool box did not keep my tools organized. Instead, they would always fall over inside the box.
    Ceiling Storage Bracket - $55
    This bracket was really convenient. I hated having my camping gear and storage boxes on the floor.

Some of my products and tools

Pad and Wash Mitt storage

Garage with cars

Waxes/sealants/polishes inside home. Garage can get hot in SoCal.

Now all I need is a Meguiar's Garage Banner on this wall

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer Garage Clean Up

Nice job! The garage looks great and I love the reflection shots.

PS It gets worse you start cleaning stuff all around the house just so you can test products. But it's ok, we're here to help
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

i love those metal cabinets from sam's club. i have 2 and want to get a third one.

good job getting it organized in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Wish I had any garage. When I get one I will be investing in some of the same items.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice garage, and very good job of cleaning/organizing. Now you have room to buy more stuff, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, looking good. Thanks for showing.

Post Thanks / Like

NICE! Loots great...now there is space for more stuff

BTW, your compressor looks small enough, but mine it's a little bigger and I have a pending project to mount it on a dolly. It may help you too if you want to roll it around instead of carrying it and it also helps keep things all tidy up...see the pictures (different options)...just my 0.02
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Summer Garage Clean Up-wood-ac-dolly-jpg   Summer Garage Clean Up-dolly-hose-2-jpg  
    Accomplishment and success are often the result of commitment and perseverance rather than skill or talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

With the added benefit of providing more room for more stuff as someone stated above. At least that's what happens to me everytime I clean things up .
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting the garage cleaned up! I have to stop every few weeks and do the same. After I bust it on detail after detail after detail, my garage is suffering. Throw in a brake job, oil change, and some other mechanic work here and there and it looks like a bomb went off.

I have that same cabinet. About time for another one though.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    Nice job! The garage looks great and I love the reflection shots.

PS It gets worse you start cleaning stuff all around the house just so you can test products. But it's ok, we're here to help
    Thanks, I am glad you like the pics. I am thinking of hitting some stain spots on my carpet with APC. Its really bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    i love those metal cabinets from sam's club. i have 2 and want to get a third one.

good job getting it organized in there!
    Thanks APAD, I really like them as well. They are strong and sturdy and include wheels. I think if I had another cabinet it would be perfect too.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown287 View Post
    Very nice. Wish I had any garage. When I get one I will be investing in some of the same items.
    jbrown287, I feel your pain. Its so much better when you have a two car garage. With a one car you really can't do anything IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Nice garage, and very good job of cleaning/organizing. Now you have room to buy more stuff, lol.
    Thanks vet, I went back and forth figuring out how to organize it in a clean way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat ji View Post
    Well done, looking good. Thanks for showing.
    Your welcome, glad you enjoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by JRivers View Post
    NICE! Loots great...now there is space for more stuff

BTW, your compressor looks small enough, but mine it's a little bigger and I have a pending project to mount it on a dolly. It may help you too if you want to roll it around instead of carrying it and it also helps keep things all tidy up...see the pictures (different options)...just my 0.02
    Thanks JRivers, yeah, I am going to try real hard not to add anymore stuff but I have a feeling that wont happen. About the compressor, I was also considering this after reading about it in a garage forum. The dolly I currently have is pretty small and I am not sure it will withstand the weight. Nevertheless, I do see a future project there and I think that is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mdb917 View Post
    Looks great!

With the added benefit of providing more room for more stuff as someone stated above. At least that's what happens to me everytime I clean things up .
    mdb917, yeah, I am tempted to buy a 50 gallon water drum and fill it with DI water from my RO/DI unit and automate it with a float switch. Also, hook that water drum to a Kranzle pressure washer for a high pressure rinse. That would be a very sweet setup but the Kranzle is $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    Congrats on getting the garage cleaned up! I have to stop every few weeks and do the same. After I bust it on detail after detail after detail, my garage is suffering. Throw in a brake job, oil change, and some other mechanic work here and there and it looks like a bomb went off.

I have that same cabinet. About time for another one though.

DLB
    Thanks DLB, Ahh man, I hear you. My wife said..."Let see how long you can keep it clean." So she is skeptical of it staying that way because I am always working on something in the garage when I get bored. The cabinet is great I may buy another before my membership expires in a year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast