autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's so cool! I wish they taught this stuff to girls. I'm trying to learn more about what goes on under the hood. I would love to be able to work on my car myself so that I know what has been done to it and I can give her the best parts and fluids, but I have some serious learning to do. I also know that as much as I have bonded with her from the countless hours I've spent keeping her clean and purdy, I can just imagine how much more I would love my car if I could work on her under the hood. I love to watch that show Overhaulin' cause you get to see them assemble the whole thing from start to finish.

Justin you are my hero! Where in the world do you go to even buy an new engine??

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel better doing my own maintenance than sombody else =)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do everything myself! I will never let someone touch my vehicle unless I can not do it myself, which has never happened yet! Like someone said buy the factory manual...although they are a rip off! If you can't get a factory due to $$ then get a Haynes or Chilton's! Most manuals can be found in pdf. files for free n forums just start looking around and asking around!

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    You need to get a racing floor jack. That's what I had to get for my Lambo. The front is only about 3" off the ground.
    Still don't work. The sideskirts for the Saleen effects are not perfectly straight. They curve down towards the ground right before the wheel wells. Yea, speed bumps are a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    i try to do all my own work. just replaced valve cover gasket a few weeks ago, SOB is still leakin some oil though so i have yet another leak....and after i did my first autocross last weekend, something went wrong in my suspension and went away so i can diagnose it and fix it! but yea, soon im doing a brake upgrade myself, and might do some suspension work while my car is torn apart. i think some new bushings and such are in order, plus i think it may be time for a timing chain...although i could just let it snap and blow the engine, so i can rebuild the whole thing! damn...need an o2 sensor as well, im gonna order that tonight i think

Post Thanks / Like
    In my youth, I did most maintenance myself. I had a VW Rabbit and an Alfa Romero. I did lots of work on those cars, like tune up, oil change, brakes, etc.

Now days the cars seem to have so much electronics and I don't have the same free time as I did back then. So, I take my cars to a mechanic for most everything.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbos17
    I do everything myself! I will never let someone touch my vehicle unless I can not do it myself, which has never happened yet! Like someone said buy the factory manual...although they are a rip off! If you can't get a factory due to $$ then get a Haynes or Chilton's! Most manuals can be found in pdf. files for free n forums just start looking around and asking around!
    Thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbos17
    Hehe, can't remember where I found mine but I have the exact factory manual Ford/Mercury/Lincoln etc that technicians use. Much, much better then Haynes or Chilton, for some reason some of the stuff in those too are missing steps or the instructions did not apply, kinda odd.

I try to do some of the maintenance but generally don't have the time, our dealer hooks us up (bought all our trucks from them for years) so I don't mind and their good.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    You name it I do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything to help my brothers from another mother out...and sis's too!

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast