autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weathertech Liners

Don't they look kind of cheap? Like, putting them in a S-class or a Porsche would be completely out of place? The liners that is? My mom is looking for something for her Lexus and I was thinking the weathertech MATS, not the liners. My brother in law and a friend have them in their trucks, a Dodge Ram and a Danali, where i think they are more for?

Post Thanks / Like

If it is an S Class Cayenne then no, I don't think they look out of place in an SUV and they will absolutely protect your carpet which is the purpose of the floor liner.

You don't have to use them in the warmer months if you don't care for their appearance. For me, I run them year round in my truck because I use it as a truck, but my Volvo gets switched back to carpet mats in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post
    I'm kind of torn I have a set of WT digital fits in my wife's Honda and the top edge on the driver's side is wavy and even with heat gun use doesn't stay flat for long-I'd have to use velcro. This allows dirt to get between the liner and the door sill. The passenger side is perfect. I ended up going with Husky's again on my new truck.

Have you told WT about this issue? They will make you a new one that will fit better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the WT digital-fits in my 4Runner and love them. Fitment is precise, easy to clean and protect all of the carpet.

Many folks also love the Husky brand, but to me they just look and feel like a cheaper material. (I have a Husky cargo liner because WT doesn't make a cargo liner for the 4Runner with sliding tray)
    2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
    KDSS/Navigation -- Shrockwork Sliders -- BFG A/T KOs

Post Thanks / Like

i love mine, great fit, clean up well.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a set and love them . Definitely worth the price.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

toyota, as brilliant as they are, decided to make very light gray carpet pretty common in the tacoma.

as such, the OE mats as well as the rest of the carpet are incredibly prone to assault by the very stuff that a truck is meant to conquer...DIRT.

due to all the accelerator shenanigans and bad press, they discontinued any sort of all weather mat, so i opted when i purchased my tacoma to get the weathertech liners and they are 100% what i hoped they would be in this vehicle. granted, i had to do a little notching as they aren't designed for the manual, but that didn't inhibit the protection of the mats at all and required just a little massaging with a dremel.

i find them to be incredibly expensive, but honestly there is nothing else that compares. i felt as if i had to get them and i am happy i did.

if i had a luxury vehicle with light carpet i would not hesitate to use these. i would probably more inclined to use the OE all weather mat, if available, but the liners would be the next best choice and would naturally be a better choice for all-out protection.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that I can speak with a bit of experience here. I ordered the WT liners for my wife's CR-V and I have the WT mats in my Rav4. The liners are a perfect and high quality fit in my wife's car. (we tend to use her vehicle foe most of the trips and shuttling kids and the liners provide complete coverage against the elements). I just have the WT mats in my car because I am alone in it about 80% of the time. Wither way, WT makes a great product (and I love supporting a US made company).

Post Thanks / Like

I had liners and now have mats and they are both great. If you see a lot of mud, salt, snow, etc. it would be best to with the liner. Otherwise, I'd opt for the mats.

2008 Ford Edge SEL 3.5L Vapor Silver - Weekend Driver | 2008 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0L Vista Blue - Sold

Post Thanks / Like

Love 'em, love 'em, Love 'em. Have them in my Tundra and cleaned them just the other day and it was sooo easy with some APC and scrub brush. I know you really don't get to see the carpet when they are installed but when you remove them and see the clean pristine carpet underneath is just so worth it IMO. As others have said, expensive but worth every penny. //bluegoose//

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast