autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My new van cabinet

Recently I have been making the transition from working out of my Buick to gearing up my van to work out of. The past week while working on a detailing job I was using this little cabinet with wheels to keep my towels and pads clean and close at hand, essentially rolling the little cabinet behind me as I moved from panel to panel. The little cabinet worked well for keeping things dust and dirt free but it was a bit too small.

Today I went out to get a new trigger assembly for my used power washer that I just picked up the other day and and I saw this cabinet at Target.

It was nice and light weight, seemingly strong enough but had no wheels. So I figured I could come up with something and purchased the cabinet.

I ran over to Harbor Freight Tools and looked around for some wheels and came up with these Ideas while there.

First I grabbed a set of casters and figured I would somehow fit them possibly with wood or something to the bottom but then I saw a movers roller thing made from wood and for $15 figured I could save some time by just screwing the whole thing to the bottom of the cabinet. I did however have to cut it down a bit.

Then on to figure out how to secure it in the van and how to lock the drawers from coming open while going around turns while driving. I came up with this. I got a set of D-rings and secured one on the top and one on the bottom which I can both secure the cabinet and the drawers with. $80 and 1 hour invested.

Thanks for looking, TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new van cabinet

Pretty slick Dave!

Use something similar myself.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette