autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Performance Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    For 50 hp he is not going to need fuel injectors or a fuel pump. Then why would you even mention that if you do not tune vehicles. He would be better off with SCT equipment, much better product.
    Diablo is just as good as SCT, but SCT is a more common tuner. Most shops tune via SCT, since its extremely expensive to buy the Diablo Rights.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Stop reading into this too much. Generic statements only. I will edit my post since it is causing an uproar. The DSP is super simple to use. I was just giving my opinion, didn't realize it was a crime.
    Not reading into it but that might scare someone in thinking he/she is going to have to spend alot more money when they actually do not need to. It is best to post if it is going to be an actually fact than just a guess, no need to make someone think there is more to something than there really is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post
    Diablo is just as good as SCT, but SCT is a more common tuner. Most shops tune via SCT, since its extremely expensive to buy the Diablo Rights.
    Not true, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this. Diablo's product and there tech is nowhere near as knowledgeable as SCT. The reason you may feel it is more common is that it's performance is that much better.
    Last edited by ASPHALT ROCKET; 01-14-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not familiar with tuning his vehicle. On my vehicle the DSP is way better because it allows data logging so that you can see what is happening with your engine without buying other gauges. The SCT does not offer this for our cars. For his truck data logging very well may be available. You are correct, to be a CMR tuner for DSP it is expensive.

When I bought my car I thought the same thing, what is the best chip available. I joined the SRT-4 Forum, started doing a lot of research and found out that the DSP was the best option for me. That's why I stress joining a forum dedicated to his particular vehicle!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. This is all really helpful. I have heard alot more about Diablo than SCT. I will need to do a little more research as it stands. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Not reading into it but that might scare someone in thinking he/she is going to have to spend alot more money when they actually do not need to. It is best to post if it is going to be an actually fact than just a guess, no need to make someone think there is more to something than there really is.
    This is true in more ways than one. I am just so used to my car and it's like second nature when explaining a tuning device. I did edit my post.

Sorry OP! Before throwing down that hard earned cash, do some research by starting with a forum dedicated to your vehicle. In your situation the SCT may trump the DSP.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason you hear more about Diablo because it is the Walmart of tuners not that is a bad thing just everyone knows that name.As far as SCT and HP tuners those are the ones the pro shops use .They make custom tunes for all the top street and drag strip cars.Take a look at one of the top ford tuners Hermann Stoltzenberg for some great reading if your into big H.P.
    Last edited by Harleyguy; 01-14-2010 at 08:46 PM.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    The reason you hear more about Diablo because it is the Walmart of tuners not that is a bad thing just everyone knows that name.As far as SCT and HP tuners those are the ones the pro shops use .They make custom tunes for all the top street and drag strip cars.Take a look at one of the top ford tuners Hermann Stoltzenberg for some great reading if your into big H.P.
    Not true. Diablo is great for its handheld. Because like someone already mentioned you can data log. Its the best non dyno tune, tuner on the market.

Which is why this is a loaded question. Best dyno tuner hands down is SCT, because its easier to get rights to open tunes for them, and gives more variables to the tuner, to change. Vs. Diablo on a dyno, where its expensive to get rights and doesnt offer near as much tuning options.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Not true. Diablo is great for its handheld. Because like someone already mentioned you can data log. Its the best non dyno tune, tuner on the market.

Which is why this is a loaded question. Best dyno tuner hands down is SCT, because its easier to get rights to open tunes for them, and gives more variables to the tuner, to change. Vs. Diablo on a dyno, where its expensive to get rights and doesnt offer near as much tuning options.
    Never said it was a bad tuner just more popular .It's the no brainer tuner for the guy who just want to push a couple of buttons and doesn't really care what it's changing or doing
    Lamborghini Broward

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im definately not a pro and I'm only looking to get more HP and towing when needed and better fuel economy when applicable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast