autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Performance Chip

This is off topic, but what is the best performance chip for gasoline engine. Have an 08 F250 with the 5.4 and research isn't telling me much. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Performance Chip

Dont worry about a chip just do a Diablo Handheld, and load in there reflash to the computer.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this helps.

Parts Bin - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Super Duty,year:2008),AND(universal:1))&Vi=1616+10329+42 94962431&y=2008&mk=Ford&md=F-250 Super Duty
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Look at SCT, the best tuner products out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I would say the Diablo Sport Predator or Trinity. I run the Predator on my car, SRT-4 Neon, and love it. This is just my opinion that I formed based on modifying my car, please form your own since you have an entirely different vehicle.

I highly recommend joining a forum dedicated to your particular vehicle, do a lot of research before purchasing anything, read, read, read, then read some more. Then start asking questions to other members privately, and the last step would be ask questions publicly if you can't find your answer. A lot of automotive forums have some real jerks and will make you feel like an idiot if you don't follow these basic guidelines. Trust me, I know from experience!

I really hope this helps the least little bit so that you get more excited about your vehicle. Sorry to write a book but I like to share my experiences to help others.

Richard
    Last edited by rwright; 01-14-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Hello. I would say the Diablo Sport Predator or Trinity. I run the Predator on my car, SRT-4 Neon, and love it. The Trinity wasn't out when I bought my Predator. Both allow you to upload a 93 Octane Performance Tune which flashes your PCM with a Performance Tune. The Predator is just a plain green screen tuning device and the Trinity is a full color screen with more options such as virtual gauges. Also, you can have a CMR Tuner to do a custom tune for you to maximize gas mileage if you wish, or maximize your performance for current mods or performance mods. Example, say you are looking to get 50hp over stock, you would need to buy fuel injectors that would support the increased fuel requirements, possibly a high flow fuel pump, maybe a cold air intake system, and better flowing exhaust. A CMR Tuner can write a new tune for you tailored to your mods. A dyno tune is always best for tuning to maximize your output. These are just generic statements and more or less hp is possible with stated mods.

I highly recommend joining a forum dedicated to your particular vehicle, do a lot of research before purchasing anything, read, read, read, then read some more. Then start asking questions to other members privately, and the last step would be ask questions publicly if you can't find your answer. A lot of automotive forums have some real jerks and will make you feel like an idiot if you don't follow these basic guidelines. Trust me, I know from experience!

I really hope this helps the least little bit so that you get more excited about your vehicle. Sorry to write a book but I like to share my experiences to help others.

Richard
    Just curious, why would you need new fuel injectors or a fuel pump for just 50 added hp?

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I said "these are just generic statements". Most likely he wouldn't need larger injectors or fuel pump. One way to know, he could choose "Modify Stock Tune" and increase fuel 10% and adjust timing accordingly. After making adjustments he could data log to check fuel injector duty cycle. If it's maxed then he would need to step up to larger injectors. This is based on my car. That's why I also said he needs to join a forum for his vehicle. I am not familiar with tuning his truck!

Post Thanks / Like

That 5.4L motor should have 28-32lb injectors stock. Unless that flash is going to get him 300 extra hp, he's fine.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    That's why I said "these are just generic statements". Most likely he wouldn't need larger injectors or fuel pump. One way to know, he could choose "Modify Stock Tune" and increase fuel 10% and adjust timing accordingly. After making adjustments he could data log to check fuel injector duty cycle. If it's maxed then he would need to step up to larger injectors. This is based on my car. That's why I also said he needs to join a forum for his vehicle. I am not familiar with tuning his truck!
    For 50 hp he is not going to need fuel injectors or a fuel pump. Then why would you even mention that if you do not tune vehicles. He would be better off with SCT equipment, much better product.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop reading into this too much. Generic statements only. I will edit my post since it is causing an uproar. The DSP is super simple to use. I was just giving my opinion, didn't realize it was a crime.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast