autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL417
    Very nice, the floor looks good...so good you could probably eat of it mmm..maybe. Be honest now, did you go over it with the PC? Come on it's okay

Nice bike too question for you, why do you have a door hanging from the wall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98-Supra-JE
    I followed the instructions on the kit. After we took posession of the house, I used my yard blower to blow out the garage. I then used a broom to scrub the new concrete floor. Then I used the blower to get any of that dust off of the surface...it was unfinished concrete and a new slab. I mixed the two components, rolled it on and sprinkled the paint chips as I painted my way out the door. I closed the garage door and left it for 4 days. When we moved it, it looked great. Even my wife's BMW has done the same thing. If I could do it all over again, I would, but I'd buy something to place under the tires and adhere them to the floor.
    hmm, maybe etching the floor might have helped? Maybe not. I've heard one should use a few coats of primer before putting epoxy coating down. Maybe that would have helped you out?

my dad uses that cheap concrete paint in the garage... ugh. I don't need to tell you what the areas under the tire look like just days after its cured. I told him to quit repainting it all the time and that I'd fix up the garage after the end of the semester.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Very nice, the floor looks good...so good you could probably eat of it mmm..maybe. Be honest now, did you go over it with the PC? Come on it's okay

Nice bike too question for you, why do you have a door hanging from the wall?
    Our friends and neighbors always tell us that we could eat off the floor. It's clean but I don't think I'd do that. I haven't gone over the floor with my PC.......yet!

There are two doors hanging on the wall, they're from our Jeep. It's topless and doorless all summer long. Hanging them is the easiest way to store them.
    Last edited by AL417; 02-21-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    I wonder if it has anything to do with climate temperature as well, here in Canada we hardly get extremely hot weather during the summer and if we do it's only for a number of days (no more then 5days) so could it be that it's depending where you are located? I can't see this happening in the winter, since you got the ambient temperature in the negative side and snow mixed in with the tires.

Here is another question for you, I saw your picture so is it like a chip removal or just melted? When I see it, it looks like it's like a chip effect. Just wondering that's all.
    Nothing melted, to say it would chip is a good description. If you look at the photos again, you'll see that those chips off of the floor MATCH the tread on my Yokahama tires. So, the epoxy would adhere to the tread and then come off when you backed out of the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98-Supra-JE
    I've never attached an image to a post, but here goes. I've taken some shots of what the front and rear tires have done to the floor. The remainder of the room looks great.

Oil, water, and any other sort of liquid simply pools and wipes off. I've not even been able to damage it with a fuel leak or paint thinner.

I'm only showing you these images so eveyone is informed.
    Hope that don't happen to my floor!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did mine with some friends a while ago.. No matter how much prep or how closely we follow directions it still didn't last. From jack stands to brake fluid and all the other harmful things we've done on the floor it just didn't hold up.

Just after install, semi-finished.

Just over a year and some months later:

Anybody have experience with a good pro installer in South Florida?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried the 12x12 tiles? I am thinking about a checkered flag for my new C6.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm partial to epoxy floors or at least a good one. I've loved mine. I've tried a couple of different brands and they are not all created equal. Here's a link with some info on them.

"The truth about epoxies" Part 1 - The Garage Journal Board
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 04-23-2007 at 02:49 PM.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine still looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my floor with the rustoleum kit from HD and it came out great. Been a year and it's still perfect. I filled my expansion joints with this self leveling filler made for expansion joints and then I painted over it all so now its 1 smooth surface with no joints. I have mopped it a few times just because I love the look of a clean garage floor, and it really shines after a nice mop and hose out job. I would reccomend it to anyone, I did my brothers at the same time and his is perfect too. It only cost me $100, can't beat that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345