autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: my collection

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my collection

Personally, I do not mind 476 as an LSP. Sure, its not as deep as Souveran, but not by much. It can also be a little difficult to remove, so do one panel at a time and THIN coats. It's all in prep -no LSP will give you a show-car quality look without proper paint prep.

Reflective Images Automotive Detailing

Brian S. Garner

Post Thanks / Like

I use bleach white all the time and love it for the tires, I bought a concentrate gallon and it has lasted me a long time. Thanks for posting your stuff and your set up. Sorry that you are getting criticism with your product choices. There is nothing wrong with trying OTC stuff. You have to try all different types of products to find what works for you. I have all the brands and tried all of their products. I am with you as well in the fact that I dont have many 50 dollar polishes. Yea they are nice buy I do this for money and if I spend that kind of cash on polishes and waxes for customers cars I would be doing details for alot less profit with that kinda overhead. Please dont let the criticism keep you from posting your work in the future!

David

Post Thanks / Like

have you used aro?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered the Menzerna line?

SIP, 106FA, PO85RD? Super Easy to use and great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redboost10 View Post
    have you used aro?
    I have used bleach white for so long that i havent tried any other products since it has always done a good job on my tires. I guess I never have justified spending money on trying another product.

Post Thanks / Like

oh just wondering, wanted to see how you compared the two

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trlblazer3 View Post
    Personally, I do not mind 476 as an LSP. Sure, its not as deep as Souveran, but not by much. It can also be a little difficult to remove, so do one panel at a time and THIN coats. It's all in prep -no LSP will give you a show-car quality look without proper paint prep.

that is mainly what I have read when it comes to negatives about the product. I guess I won't know for myself unless I try. Hopefully here soon I will get my 00 Golf all done with a nice write up for you all, it should be fun using all my new stuff..
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing
    Making the city shine, one car at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post
    Have you considered the Menzerna line?

SIP, 106FA, PO85RD? Super Easy to use and great results.
    yes I have thought of going with that line..its a toss up between Menzerna or Optimum line...I won't know till I run out of all my other stuff I have..I would love to get some samples of the Menzerna stuff...I know Exceldetail sells 4oz samples of the Optimum line, which would be enough for a good test.
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BackdraftDJP View Post
    I use bleach white all the time and love it for the tires, I bought a concentrate gallon and it has lasted me a long time. Thanks for posting your stuff and your set up. Sorry that you are getting criticism with your product choices. There is nothing wrong with trying OTC stuff. You have to try all different types of products to find what works for you. I have all the brands and tried all of their products. I am with you as well in the fact that I dont have many 50 dollar polishes. Yea they are nice buy I do this for money and if I spend that kind of cash on polishes and waxes for customers cars I would be doing details for alot less profit with that kinda overhead. Please dont let the criticism keep you from posting your work in the future!

David
    thank you for your comments. I have alot of other things I have to worry about spending my money on, not that others on here do not also but times are tough with changing jobs, people not wanting to spend the money where I live to have their cars detailed. I'm 28 with a house that I bought, two car payments, wifes college loans, our own bills..ya know all that fun adult crap...i'm lucky she lets me buy what I buy...its a give and take thing with us...she lets me buy within a reasonable price of what I want, and she gets to do her girly stuff. I'm not on here to impress anyone with my multiple jars of boutique wax's and what not, but i am here to learn how to refine my process, and enjoy seeing pictures of peoples work that can afford all the goodies in detailing.
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Golf, I am with you. I am looking to get my second order of stuff before June. it is gonna be a give and take with what I can get.

Bills and obligations come first. I managed to get fuzion when it was 70 from the sub-zero instead of the normal. Buying on sale and when you can is what matters.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast