autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have any of you thought about protective film rather than thick ugly covers. Take a look at the following url. The concept was developed in the US and now over in the UK, so you must have suppliers/stockists. I have used this to protect my vehicle, great stuff!

http://www.airstream.uk.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the same film that 3M makes?? If so then this product entered the conversation awhile back and if my memory serves me correctly the consensus was that it was expensive and tricky to apply without a professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar to 3M yes, but certainly more pleasing to look at. Can be fitted to vehicle by professional in minimal time at reasonable cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the cost in the UK?? Do they apply it to just the bumper, hood and backs of the side mirrors?

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid £130.00 including our 17.5% VAT all in and that included side mirrors. They will film anywhere on the vehicle as it is so flexible.

Post Thanks / Like
    so in the US that would be close to $300.00, no? How long did the application process take and how difficult was it for you to find a place who could apply it for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    $300 sounds about right. The application took approx 2.5 hours. I actually valet vehicles on the same site as Head Office, so no problem for me, but I understand they have national fitters.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darren F
    What would you think if I were to put a Front End Mask ( Bra ) on the car?
    A bra on a Lexus? That's like driving a Corvette in the snow

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2006 Black TSX, and I must say a clear bra is such a good investment.

Mine is from AutoBahnd and its called roadblock. Yes it was pricy (~550 dollars), but so worth it! You dont notice it at all form a distance. And yes it is always best to be installed by a dealership (mine actually calls up autobahnd and they send a proffesional over to install all bras).

The reason it was so expensive is that thier base kit covers the front bumper, front hood, part of the upper front fenders, as well as the backs of the side view mirrors. kits are also avilable for covering on headlights, fog lights etc.

The customer service has been oustanding. One chip I had, and they replaced the damaged section for free. A second time I pressed to hard getting a bug off (know now to use a citrus degreaser) and scrathed the 3M coating (its only 8 mils thick usually). they saw that, knew it was my fault, but bc of the caked on bugs, they replaced the whole hood section and side view mirrors.

Bottom line is if you truely care about chips, then get your hood repainted and foot the cash for the bra. You wont be sorry!
    2006 NBP TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by emaxxman

I will say this, I do like the look of a black bra on the front of the car...it's just the maintenance that's a bear. If you do decide to go with a black bra, go for the Lexus brand one. I personally think the fit of an OEM brand is so much better than any 3rd party. I've yet to see an aftermarket bra that didn't look cheap in person. That's just my opinion...I'm sure others will disagree.
    Have you ever seen Colgan Customs? These are by far the best on the market. Better than OEM or anything else! I have used 5 of them and all have lastest for years without tearing or stretching. Plus they will repair it for free in most cases or for very minimal if areas do become worn or stretched.

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast