autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I searched for a bra for my Accord and found some that are like clear, hard plastic that are more like a cover for the front end and don't actually touch the paint. Anyone seen these??

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a google search for H and A Accessories.com.

They are a Honda dealer that sells the accessories online. They are easily the cheapest source of OEM parts for Honda and Acura. Very fast service too.

I bought the mudguards, carpet mats, sunroof visors, bras, and trunk trays for my Civic, Accord, and Odyssey from them. Will do it for my future Honda's as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    on my mustangs i never had an issue with anything getting underneath the bra and scratching the paint...maybe that was because I made it a habit to take it off on a regular basis to clean it and underneath it...just really need to do something, it really kills me to see the chips on the hood and the front of a new car
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    What about using that clear coating on the front hood? Has anyone used or had any experience with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    I searched for a bra for my Accord and found some that are like clear, hard plastic that are more like a cover for the front end and don't actually touch the paint. Anyone seen these??
    Would you still happen to have the name of the company that has them?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody has mentioned that film from 3m. I've never used one but I wonder what the consensus is out there about that product??

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the InvinciShield clear bra on my black Maxima.(hood only) It's well worth the price. Installed it myself. Very easy cause the hood is pretty flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Colgan Bras (vinyl). I think you can get them from AG. I always went for factory bras thinking they would be a better fit than aftermarket but, OMG! there were so much better. I always use a bra for long highway trips. Nada in the city. Never had a problem with scratches or anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    Nobody has mentioned that film from 3m. I've never used one but I wonder what the consensus is out there about that product??
    Here's what I have read...very expensive to install properly because a good installer is hard to find. A good installation makes a world of difference. A bad install will result in trapped air bubbles and peeling in a few years.

The product itself is supposed to be very good. With proper installation, it's almost unnoticeable. They won't yelllow and can also be waxed. A pretty ideal product if not for the cost.

The cost is a huge negative. The hood covering is not that significant given the cost. I have a ton of scratches and chips on my Accord's hood (daily driver.) None would've been prevented by the Clear Bra. Fenders have very minor chips. The bumper is a mess but it will only cost $250 for a repaint. That's far less than the cost of the Clear Bra.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually looked into the clear bra....They offer it at the dealership where I work...Only problem is that I already have some chips and they would need to be repaired first or they might cause the film to bubble....Still leaning toward a regualr bra though...Had them on all my cars previously and never had any issues, even leaving it on in the rain...The ones they make now allow the air to get in so the do not damage the paint if you do not remove them right away after the rain.,...
    Darren

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast