autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Meguiar's Professional Demo Kit - Mike Phillips Antique Car Wax Collection

Meguiar's Professional Demo Kit - Mike Phillips Antique Car Wax Collection

When I first went to work for Meguiar's they had a demo kit for their Outside Sales Reps and Trainers, (that's what I was), that looked kind of like a briefcase.

Inside were small 2 ounce samples of the key products in the Professional line or Mirror Glaze line.

As a rep you could carry this with you and demo any of the products or leave the demo kit with a client to let them test out.

I saved two kits from the late 1980's and while Barry and Karen Meguiar were here for Detail Fest and checking out my antique wax collection I asked Barry if he would like to have one of the kits for his collection and of course when he said "yes" I gave it to him.

Here's a few pictures, resized from the original size to 800 pixels wide.

Mike Phillips

Re: Meguiar's Professional Demo Kit - Mike Phillips Antique Car Wax Collection

Comment....

If you look at the sample size bottle of the #7 it still has the original name.

The name was changed in the early 1990's to Show Car Glaze. I can share the story as to why when I have more time.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike, that's great! I bought my first Meguiar's Mirror Glaze products about that time, and I think those were all the products I had, except rather than the #1 I had #2 and #4. I'm not sure if I had the #3, although I remember being aware of it.

If I'm remembering, I sent in a literature request out of the back of Popular Mechanics or Popular Science, and I was sent a Mirror Glaze brochure from the regional Meguiar's office. Then I called them up with some questions, and they gave me the name of a body shop supply store that I could get them at, which was kind of a trek into the big city one Saturday morning.

Oh, I guess the other one I had was #39.

PS Oh, and very gracious of you to give one to Barry Meguiar! Who's got the bigger collection of vintage Meguiar's products in their office, you or him?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very cool! Interested in the #7 story when you have more time.

Nice collection there Mike.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice collection Mike. You have an office that we all fantasize about. Wouldn't it be great to have a chemical formula sheet for all those waxes?
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. #2, #9 and #26 served me well for many years.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, amazing some of those products are still being made! High tech yellow wax is in my collection.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool antique collection Mike!!! And it's selfless of you to share one of your professional demo kit to Barry and Karen. Very nice gesture!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Meguiar's Professional Demo Kit - Mike Phillips Antique Car Wax Collection

Awesome collection Mike, excellent display of Meguiar's NOS Professional Demo Kits, and products.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I've seen the shots of your vintage stuff over the years, but this is the first pic I've seen of the whole display. Thanks for sharing! Those sample cases are extremely cool!
    I noticed a can that looks like Classic Quick Wax on the left side of the center shelf section, third shelf down. My meager collection has my two Classic favorites. Combined with Meguiar's #7, these two did about everything I needed to do, short of heavy correction.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast