autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence / HD speed

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    ???????
    Essence will bond best with CarPro products.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

May be true, but it is not made exclusively for CarPro products so feel free to experiment. I wish more people would.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    But I'm telling you that HD speed topped with either HD express or HD Poxy... Looks better than HD polish topped with HD Poxy
    Without a doubt!! Use Speed topped with Poxy then Express every few weeks on my wife's Black Golf and even she can tell the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

True for most AIO but Essence is different.

In terms of correction, it doesn't correct has well as a compound+polish, but since it has fillers the end result seems to be as good if not better than doing a dual step correction. Plus, you are not taking a lot of clear coat off like you would if did the dual step correction.

In terms of protection, I believe CarPro states about a year. That's twice what a Scelant will give you. Of course you could go with a coating and get multiple years but still, a year is pretty awesome for a AIO.

I think this product could very well revolutionize how we do detailing. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    If you are trying to squeeze the last bit of gloss out of your paint...why would you use an AIO?

AIO's do a lot of things, but they do not do any of them at the level of a dedicated product.

As an LSP, they have less durability than a dedicated LSP. Many have argued that the appearance of an AIO as LSP is not as good as a high end dedicated LSP.

They don't clean as well as a dedicated Cleaner product.

They don't cut as well as a Compound

They don't finish as well as a true finishing polish

If you are only doing your own car, what's the rush.

Skip the AIO

Take your time

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU ALL for your advice and opinions !!!!!!!!!

I will update later on what happens....

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen you car online and it looks great. Mostly on Autopia.

I just traded my white car in and the best look I ever had was with the polish angel products. Not the most durable but if yours is a garage queen it's perfect. I used prep as you mentioned the HD polish, IOS wipe them Essence to see if it adds anything. It did not in my case so I stopped. Then I did escalate, Viking coat. Look was killer. I needed to keep up beading after a few months with White Alabaster as a drying aid. If I were to do again I would use cosmic instead of Viking coat. My friend Jason used it on his white Audi and it was breathtaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35x View Post
    I've seen you car online and it looks great. Mostly on Autopia.

I just traded my white car in and the best look I ever had was with the polish angel products. Not the most durable but if yours is a garage queen it's perfect. I used prep as you mentioned the HD polish, IOS wipe them Essence to see if it adds anything. It did not in my case so I stopped. Then I did escalate, Viking coat. Look was killer. I needed to keep up beading after a few months with White Alabaster as a drying aid. If I were to do again I would use cosmic instead of Viking coat. My friend Jason used it on his white Audi and it was breathtaking.
    Thanks for compliment my toy is a garage queen and its hard as you know to get white to that certain shine. I just got windows 10 because my old one crashed and now I am have uploading pics to AG and autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Essence / HD speed

I've gotten 9 months out of DG 105 including winter. That's a $15 sealant. I think the real reason that coatings get better longevity is the prep. In other words if you prep for a good sealant such as FK1000p or DG 105 or Sonax PNS as you would for a coating, you'd be amazed at the longevity you get especially when boosters are used every month. Sealants often fall short because people don't prep properly and often take shortcuts. So if essence alone gives you a year as a coating imo that's nothing to brag about. In fact it's poor in my view.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say use HD Polish and Menzerna Powerlock for your LSP. I've got stunning results with it on my 02 Oxford white mustang.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    It`s getting warmer here and in no time I will be getting my Artic White Vette out of storage and starting to give her a really good spring cleaning. Wash, Clay, Iron X and wash again. Now comes my problem my car, finish is in relativity good shape, maybe some light scratches from my OCD with washing and QD`s and a coat of FK 1000 put on last fall.

Reading over Mike`s comments on jeweling wax he answered my question on light / colored cars and trying to get the perfect shine. White is hard to get the pop / shine and he talked about using a quality AIO to get it there.

So I was thinking of HD speed or Essence I bought these over the holidays along with other HD / Car-pro products...

Your thoughts and advice please for a weekend detailer
    Thanks.
    KB
    I will be posting a video by today, comparing the cutting abilities of essence on a really bad scratched up f150.

I use foam cutting pad
    Foam polishing pad
    and finishing pads

To see the difference in cutting and finishing I will post a link shortly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast