autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Active forum members around Rosemont, Illinois?

Very excited to take my first trip to the Windy City and enjoy the company of this talented team of artists. Thanks again Mike. See you all there!
    ~ Pete Tanzini

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetesDetailing View Post
    Very excited to take my first trip to the Windy City and enjoy the company of this talented team of artists. Thanks again Mike. See you all there!
    ~ Pete Tanzini
    How far are you traveling from for this?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

~ Pete Tanzini

Pete,

You're travelling by car with 2 of the other team members correct?

If so, share your travel adventure on the forum and facebook....

That would be cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike we are traveling by car. It should be a ton of fun. I am traveling by car from New Jersey but first Jared ( comp ready alumni) begins the journey from New Hampshire. After he arrives in NJ I plan to take him to my Corvette shop and a few elite warehouse collections I care take of also. The next morning we will drive from Jersey straight throughly to o'hare illinois. I will make sure to document it on the form and post some photos also.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW I thought it was for locals to participate in😋 That's a long way to drive to help detail a car for a TV show. Don't know about making or producing a show but surely there's a lot left on the cutting room floor, hope it's worth the ride across the country though.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah!!! take some pics of your journey but dont post anything till the producer tells you .. looking foward to your competition ready team picture.. i know mike will take a ton of pics and keep us in cyber space in the loop..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    WOW I thought it was for locals to participate in😋 That's a long way to drive to help detail a car for a TV show. Don't know about making or producing a show but surely there's a lot left on the cutting room floor, hope it's worth the ride across the country though.

Klasse Act I am sure it is for most people but not for someone as obsessed and passionate about paint restoration/detailing. It is really not far to travel if you have ever had a chance to spend time with Mike Phillips, it is most definitely worth it. I am thrilled to meet up with some great friends I have made at autogeek and we plan to possibly even tour the Volo museum. I am not by any means doing it for tv or the amazing car. I am happy I have the opportunity to do some amazing cars day in and day out but the chance to spend time with great detailers is priceless. It is also a incredible experience to be a part of a ground breaking show for our industry.
    If anyone ever gets the opportunity to be in the presence of vast knowledge and experience like Mike has to offer, do it. No matter how skilled anyone may be there is more to learn, enjoy and share.

" time well spent for me "
    Pete Tanzini

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Act I am sure it is for most people but not for someone as obsessed and passionate about paint restoration/detailing. It is really not far to travel if you have ever had a chance to spend time with Mike Phillips, it is most definitely worth it. I am thrilled to meet up with some great friends I have made at autogeek and we plan to possibly even tour the Volo museum. I am not by any means doing it for tv or the amazing car. I am happy I have the opportunity to do some amazing cars day in and day out but the chance to spend time with great detailers is priceless. It is also a incredible experience to be a part of a ground breaking show for our industry.
    If anyone ever gets the opportunity to be in the presence of vast knowledge and experience like Mike has to offer, do it. No matter how skilled anyone may be there is more to learn, enjoy and share.

" time well spent for me "
    Pete Tanzini
    Hi Pete - if you are planning on visiting the Volo museum, it could take you 40-60 min from Rosemont depending on traffic...so plan accordingly and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio View Post
    Hi Pete - if you are planning on visiting the Volo museum, it could take you 40-60 min from Rosemont depending on traffic...so plan accordingly and have fun.
    Thank you Cabrio! I would like to go but it will all come down to time available before our long drive back to the coast. Any must have pizza or Chicago treats in the Rosemount/O'Hare area?
    Thanks for the insight!

Post Thanks / Like

O'Hare is the airport, not a town or city, just an FYI. As far as pizza is concerned you can't go wrong with Lou Malnati's or Giordono's🍕🍕

As far as why your coming over from I-80 goes surely it's not about being on tv but I could see how my comment would be taken but you could see how and why I might think that as well. I'd like to be around something like this or Detail Fest but I don't think I could ever swing it, so that's why I'm looking forward to seeing this new TV show.

The Volo isn't really all that great to be honest, the movie cars are hacked but the military collection IS pretty awesome! I'd say check out the Klaremont Kollection on the north side of the city, closer for sure and a higher quality of cars too!

Enjoy your time here 👈

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast