autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Great Detailer. Sorry Businessman. Frustrated

Is it plausible or possible to utilize the porche dealership custoer base as a jumping point? network those customers for more potential clients. when their friends see the level of work you can do and get detail envy, you can use that as a selling point. what the other posters have stated holds true on many levels. the Tier option is a great idea to help weed out some of the clients, but you need to practice the art of the sale and upsell to your clients with services and value and not with gimmicks and trinkets. that will go along way with repeat business.

If you live in an area that has seasonal extremes, you can add on services that are unique to your area. for example winterizing or undercarriage protection, tailor your services for the consumer in which the outcome would be mutually beneficial. calculate your time labor and materials into the cost if you are willing and or able to negotiate price when it comes down to meeting and beating the competition's price point. if a potential customer has multiple cars or would like to be set up with "maintenance washes and a detail every X amount of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    make sure that you charge accordingly and don't offer "small" details.
    What do you mean by small details?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

OP, I share the same problems as you here in Hong Kong. Asia is busting with Coating shops from brand name ones to small shops that practice shady business methods. I think some of the members are correct in that maybe we are spreading ourselves too thin. True detailing to me takes time, too many of my customers want and have been mislead that detailing can be done in a day because many place just mask the problem. I also face back stabbing competition where other shops pretending to be potential customers contact me fishing for prices. I hope you find a solution to your problem and good luck with the business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Are you a member of the IDA?

I'm a board member of the IDA as well as a Certified Trainer and starting with my May class any of my students can take their Skills Validation test on Monday, the day after the normal 3-day class.

The reason I ask if you're a member of the IDA is because one of the main goals of the IDA is to teach detailers how to market themselves as well as educate the general public and this leads to fair pay for quality work.

i need to take your class soon

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the car rental market and faced the same frustration. Same service higher price = Lose customer. I went to a seminar (over 2 nights) by Roy Chitwood. His seminar was brilliant (www.maxsacs.com/article). Try it on a few potential customers and you will be surprised. You should write out the script and follow it (we had a reservation form the took my CSR's through the process in order so they asked questions in the correct order). Worked for me.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12