autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

blackout Ram wheels ?

let me start out by saying Hello to everyone. looks like a great forum with some good reading. glad to be here & as if you didn't know I have a question. I did search for a answer to this.
    I've got a Ram express with the blackout wheels. they're aluminum wheels & are finished in black. the black is not glossy but more of a matt finish(maybe semi-gloss?).
    my question is what is the proper care for these 20'' wheels. I know some kind of cleaner for the brake dust. but what should I use to protect them ? everything I read about mentions wheel wax & then goes on to say they will buff out to a great shine. I'm not trying to make them look glossy. but maybe they won't come across being to glossy. guess I'll just have to try it & see how it looks. just thought someone out here may have addressed this already. if so what combination of cleaner & protectant have you used ?
    my thoughts were to use dp wheel cleaner & finish up with poorboys #8217 world wheel sealant. thank you for reading & any of your comments.
    hmardown

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: blackout Ram wheels ?

If they need thorough cleaning if brake dust, decon with Iron X. Then you can finish cleaning with soap and water. I would personally apply a coating like CQuartz DLux for easy cleaning. If you're not comfortable with coatings, Reload or Hydr02 from CarPro will do the trick as well