autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Help! Re: 303 Aerospace

For what it's worth, 303 isn't shiny at all on my black/dark gray 2014 Toyota Tacoma dash. Even in the sun. It just makes it look new as opposed to looking dry and dusty. Totally matte? Nah, but I wouldn't lean at all toward "shiny". It pretty much looks like you wiped the dash down with a towel wet with water, the difference being that it doesn't dry for 6 weeks.

To anyone thinking about using 303, Most people are very happy with the product. On multiple auto detailing sites over the years, I've only read great reviews about 303. It's one of my favorite products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank56 View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can help me.

On the weekend I put 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash of my Honda. I had read prodigiously about 303 and thought that it would be a good choice. I was looking for a non shiny protective matte look.

I did not buff it, just put it on as per instructions that I had read here and seen on Youtube.

To many horror, I have found that the dash is now really shiny and causes the whole dash to be reflected in the windshield. Yesterday I could barely see the road because of the glare. This was exactly what I wanted to avoid, which is why I never use Armor All.

I now have a potentially dangerous situation on sunny days and I am so upset at myself using 303.

Please, can anyone tell me a safe way to remove the 303?

I am worried that in trying to get rid of it I will know make things even worse and mess up my dash completely.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Frank
    Go to harbor freight if you have one get a 25.00 steamer,with a damp terry cloth put a smidget of dishwasher soap and work that method simultaneously .carpro eraser is awesome on leather and vinyl .I bought a new merc ml with black interior I use on the interior to wipe grease and dust,although not intended for interior surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used and recommended 303 for well over a decade and never once has it produced a shiny dashboard or anything else for that matter. I don't know what directions you followed but I have always buffed it off and it has left a matte finish on every surface I ever used it on.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BucboyInPa View Post
    I have a 2003 Honda Civic we use as a loaner car,an I dress the interior with 303 and it is shiny. It is just something about the material they use. It doesn't matter if I wipe it or dilute the dressing,the dash always turns out shiny.
    the same as jettas also.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra and I am guessing it depends on the type of vinyl in your vehicle. Each manufacturer uses different material. I cleaned all the vinyl dash and door panels before applying 303 and I really do not care for the sheen. It is somewhat of a semi gloss/satin sheen on my vinyl and I hate it. Prior to applying to the vinyl my leather seats and vinyl dash/doors were the same matte finish and now all the vinyl is for to shiny for me. I didn't apply to the seats. I applied as directed and buffed afterwards. For some it may come out with a matte sheen.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting discussion.

I've used 303 for 10+ years on the interiors of Toyota's, BMW, Mazda, Subaru's, a Euro Spec Honda, and a Jeep and never had problems with the product being shiny unless I put it on too heavy and forgot to buff it out. I always sprayed it on the towel and then wiped down the surface, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. The results were always a nice, matte, like-new surface.

The product was pretty disappointing for me when used on exteriors, but it did a good job in interiors.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to 303 AP, and I did find it quite shiny on the dash of my Honda initially. However, after a few days, it toned-down significantly, leaning a nice, satin finish. Very happy with how it looked after that, even up until now. And I love the longevity. It's been a couple months since I applied 303 AP and my interior still looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Please Help! Re: 303 Aerospace

I use 303 on all my interiors. 2003 Mazda MPV, 2005 Silverado, 2009 Mazda 6 and a 2012 Camaro. It looks great on all of them. I apply a little with an applicator sponge and never buff it off.

If it’s too shiny, wait a couple days is all you need to do. The shine subsides on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345