autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove XMT 360 AIO?

Just pick up a polish (megs Ultimate) and use that instead of the 360. After the polish use the ISO wipe you talked about and you're ready for coating. Not rocket science

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowrydr01 View Post
    I am going to try cQuartz UK Friday on the wifes TSX wagon so i need a Completely stripped surface for a good bond. I clayed this weekend and will be washing and using XMT 360 friday before the cQuartz. I know using an AIO instead of a dedicated cleaner isnt the optimum way to do this but its very soft paint and 360 + orange pad gives me the results i want since i dont want to be removing a lot of clear coat each time i do it. Also the wifers car is a little beat up so a swirl or 2 isnt a deal killer since an auto carwash did a lot of damage (took tiny paint chunks out) before my amateur detail days.

Anyway

Would an Iso wipe be good enough or should i do a concentrated wash with my Chemical Guys Mr Pink and then an iso wipe.

Yes i know the instructions also say to use eraser but if i cant find it locally I am going to have to skip it.

The concentrated Mr pink did a very good job of stripping before i did this winters process on my other car.

Any advise is appreciated.
    Not sure what your looking for, you ask for advice and aren't going to follow the instructions or the advice given. Next will be a post about Cquartz failed

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DieryEuroSpec View Post
    Just pick up a polish (megs Ultimate) and use that instead of the 360. After the polish use the ISO wipe you talked about and you're ready for coating. Not rocket science

I just did during lunch when i ran out to get some distilled water for the IPA.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Not sure what your looking for, you ask for advice and aren't going to follow the instructions or the advice given. Next will be a post about Cquartz failed
    Im not sure that's the case.

The original question was how to remove XMT and the answer was its not that easy so either polish it off or skip it. Answers received and was going to skip it but just picked up some megs polish (also per advise)

Ive regularly acknowledged that i wasnt going to use eraser which was really the only instructions per carpro besides "properly prep" which could be argued until the end of time. Also 100s of threads regarding eraser vs IPA around the internet.

With all that considered and being an adult who can understand risk vs reward scenarios i borderline find it offensive that you would think it would degrade into a cquartz failed thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12