autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Double failure on a 2014 black Nissan Maxima... ugh

I think it would be better to get a Porter Cable starter kit.They are less than $200.00 and will be all you need.They come with pads,pad cleaner,swirl removers,glaze,and towels.They also come with Auto Geek help(youtube product specific instructions) and customer support staff. The staff has helped me many times. The you tube videos use a step by step process with the same products in the kit.When you are done you can keep all the kit ready for what ever attacks your car next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butacska View Post
    Sorry, I have not mentioned... Las Vegas, NV
    I was stationed at Nellis AFB a few years ago. I know of a guy that does work in the north Las Vegas area. His name is Jace Price. Let him know Mike sent you from AutoGeekOnline.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/530inv.html

Post Thanks / Like

That really stinks,if the whole car is like that expect 450 at the minimum to fix ,I know you stated low on funds the dealer is gonna have to eat it .Get a written estimate from a skilled detailer,and one from a body shop which we all know not to let them touch it,but there estimate maybe higher than the detailer good luck let us know the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

This is rough. I see guys at my dealership that don't even wash a vehicle before taking the rotary to it. They call it "dirt buffing" Makes me cringe.

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it yourself and not only do a far better job, have a sense of accomplishment and pride:

This is a great kit:

Wolfgang Hydro-Tech Swirl Remover Kit

Add a polisher:
    Meguiars MT300 Dual Action Polisher
    or
    Porter cable 7424xp, 7424xp, Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher, Porter Cable polisher, car polisher, buffer, sander-polisher

Or wait, they have the entire kit ready to go:

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424xp Ultimate Polishing Kit

and a 5" backing plate and you are ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like

There have been a lot of good suggestions. I as well think you should save money and try to invest in the equipment to do it yourself.

I hope it ok to post this since PBMG owns this site:
    Two of the most trusted names in car care join forces to eradicate paint defects from your finish with the Griot's Garage & BLACKFIRE Duo Kit.

And you can Google for a coupon code which will get you to about $150.

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it,invest in a dual action polisher with pinnacle compound and polish and the right pads,you will pick it up quick your probably gonna spend at least 400.00 ,the benefits are you can polish your car for years to come and have the tools you need.Check out mike Phillips u tube videos prior to polishing good luck and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes correct why didn't you inspect the car prior to delivery.They kinda have you ,you signed off already best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    I was stationed at Nellis AFB a few years ago. I know of a guy that does work in the north Las Vegas area. His name is Jace Price. Let him know Mike sent you from AutoGeekOnline.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/530inv.html
    I remembered that you were at Nellis, thanks for coming through Mike.

This is most likely your best bet unless you want to invest the money and time into learning to do it yourself, and that's considerable time and $$$. It will take you a considerable amount of time to learn how to perfect black paint. If you lived by me I'd do it for $250.00

I'd checkout Mike's guy and go from there.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Yes correct why didn't you inspect the car prior to delivery.They kinda have you ,you signed off already best of luck.
    As I mentioned above, even tho I signed off, I had a week to return the car for no reason. Meaning if I did not like the sound of the exhaust, or the color of the light in the dash, or I just noticed that it was missing the passenger side door, I could have returned it within 7 days. No reason needed. That is what I signed. After 12 hours of signing I contacted them and let them know I do not like how the exterior looks. At that point they said they will take care of it, fix it for me. Had they not said that, I probably would have returned the car.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the great suggestions and support here! What an awesome community!

I really would love to learn the process at a DIY level. Not just because of this situation, but for the future. It would be awesome to find somebody who I could pay to do the hood or top while I am there, watching and learnin, then I could try to do the rest by myself!

I am pretty sure I could win this case with the dealer, the question is if I have the energy/time to fight with them. I will figure it out over the weekend.

Once again! THANK YOU! I will go and wash the car, because it went through 2 polishing sessions and not once was the interior touched, the wheels hosed down or the door/trunk opening wiped. And yes, by looking at it, I am pretty sure clay bar has never touched the paint. They probably did not even wash it before getting started.
    Maria

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast