autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Close Up Images on the Finished Product

I was speaking in general and not regarding MIke Phillips, who does by far the best write ups and photography

I am focused on the guys who claim 90% correction, but only show 5 footers in their afters and jockey with the raw image to increase saturation, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

mike Phillips of course.He is the man I have worked with mike on so many restorations the past 4 years I've been doing this since 1989 and mike has so much knowledge I was blown away.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bwatereagleman View Post

Thank you Mike for your response, and again this was not meant to take a shot at you at all. After reading your response post, I realized the thread I was reading was not the actual write up and documentation of these particular vehicles.

Here's why there's no full write-up for those pictures. It's because the "links" to the full write-ups for FIVE cars used as teaching examples are shared in this new book and this new book is not available till SEMA starts because it includes pictures and information on the brand new RUPES tools being introduced.

This is a small picture of the book cover but if you look closely you'll see 3 of the cars I did complete details on using the RUPES Paint Polishing System on the cover.

One is the blue Ferrari. Another is the black 1978 Trans-Am.

It's all good but be assured, if nothing else... I'm consistent. When I detail a car and document it... I document it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bwatereagleman View Post

First of all, this is no way intended to call anyone out nor to question the integrity of anyone's work, because the results that many of you produce are to envy.

Mike Phillips, you possess a wealth of information and document your work wonderfully with excellent write ups as well as great before and after photos, but I wonder why "after" close up images are sometimes not included?

Like I posted previously to your question, the two cars you highlighted are inside my new how-to book and when the book is released the full write-ups for those cars will be moved to the public forum. (They are in a private forum right now).

Ironic how out of the thousands of write-ups I share you focused in on those two cars before the book came out. Fear not... I have the pictures.

Until then... if you want to see another full write-up which represents my normal style for sharing write-ups check this out... plenty of before and after shots and close-ups of the after results AND more to come.

Buffing curved panels with NEW RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 & 15 Polishers

Over 100 pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, and the hole autogeek staff are remarkable, there is no company at this level, in the detail industry. I love the autogeek.net team and looking so much excited for the next 3 day boot camp. Thank yo . Just amazzing group to live life during those 3 days

Post Thanks / Like

Like I posted previously to your question, the two cars you highlighted are inside my new how-to book and when the book is released the full write-ups for those cars will be moved to the public forum. (They are in a private forum right now).
    Ironic how out of the thousands of write-ups I share you focused in on those two cars before the book came out. Fear not... I have the pictures.
    When they come available, I will be sure to check them out. As I mentioned in the original post, we face these paint conditions quite regularly, and I certainly want understand the standard you set in order for you to consider a vehicle to be completed.

Until then... if you want to see another full write-up which represents my normal style for sharing write-ups check this out... plenty of before and after shots and close-ups of the after results AND more to come.
    Buffing curved panels with NEW RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 & 15 Polishers
    I reviewed this post as well, and it is definitely well documented (never intended to make it sound that I was questioning this aspect). To maybe ask my original question in a better way… based on the Merc’s paint condition, and using the New Rupes Mark II polisher, and the Rupes products/pads, were there some defects you just couldn’t remove using the your chosen process? For example, were there some heaver/deeper swirls that your process just couldn’t eliminate to your satisfaction? If so, what did you do correct them? What time frame did it take you to complete this project?

Again, the paint condition in the before photos of the Trans Am and the Ferrari seem to be so similar to what we face. We also face some similarly swirled out paint like the Merc, so these are great write ups for me to review. We are often faced with needing to perform compounding and polishing steps, but even after these steps are completed, there just seems to be a few defects that we couldn’t remove without resorting to using a rotary. I wonder if you face the same issue.

One other post comes to mind “High Quality Production Detailing by Mike Phillips,“ you wrote some time ago. This post completely changed the way I go about a One Step, and perhaps this should be a question under that thread… but to what level of correction did you achieve? If I recall correctly you focused on the hood as it is a main gloss panel, so the level of defect removal was undoubtedly greater than the rest of vehicle. Also, I know you clearly stated the vehicle was not swirl and scratch free at completion, but to what extent would you estimate? Given the 4 hours it took you to complete the job, which is extraordinary by the way, do you ever say to yourself, “Well, that is best it’s going to get,” keeping in mind what level of service the customer is choosing? I have to admit it’s come into my mind more than a few times.

Hopefully this clears up my intent, and please know that it’s your standard that I am trying to emulate, not only for my own personal satisfaction, but also my employer’s and our customers’.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, those are close up after shots! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12