autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lexus RCF Ultrasonic Mica Blue 2.0, 4-Stage Paint Wax Recommendations?

I just bought a new 2015 Lexus RCF in Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 paint and want to ensure I'm using the right material for the job.

Any feedback is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lexus RCF Ultrasonic Mica Blue 2.0, 4-Stage Paint Wax Recommendations?

4 Stage? New Car? You sure that's necessary? Clear coat is super thin to begin with. I'm sure a light polish, IPA wipedown, and LSP will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing car...I would probably want a high quality coating on this baby. Do a full inspection of the car before deciding what needs to be done. Lets hope the paint is near perfect.

More pics would be wonderful. Amazing color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonn127 View Post
    4 Stage? New Car? You sure that's necessary? Clear coat is super thin to begin with. I'm sure a light polish, IPA wipedown, and LSP will do the trick.
    Is what necessary? I'm trying to see what products to use on this vehicle. I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    Amazing car...I would probably want a high quality coating on this baby. Do a full inspection of the car before deciding what needs to be done. Lets hope the paint is near perfect.

More pics would be wonderful. Amazing color.
    Thanks....anxious to hear feedback on what others recommend for this specific type of paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it going to be a 2nd car? Not a daily driver?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new car! That's a cool color. Out of curiosity, what made you choose an RC-F instead of an M3/M4, an RS-5, or a Cayman S?

Quote Originally Posted by toystry View Post
    Is what necessary? I'm trying to see what products to use on this vehicle. I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.
    I think there is some terminology confusion here. Initially, when I read your thread title, I read it as you were planning on performing a 4-stage detail for your new car (I'm guessing jonn127 read it the same way); which would possibly mean: compound, polish, jeweling, sealant/wax/coating. Typically, new cars shouldn't need that amount of paint correction, unless the dealer really did a number on the paint prior to delivery. You should be able to get away with spot correction, light polish, jeweling (if you want), and then LSP.

After re-reading your thread title, I see now that you were looking for a wax recommendation.

For a bit of clarification, I believe that Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 is a 4-stage paint. I believe a Lexus press release detailed the color as five coats (primer, silver base coat, clear coat, color coat, and another top layer color coat (tinted clear?)).

As for products on the car, what are you trying to achieve? A lot of the popular sealants, waxes, and coatings will look great on the car; but folks may have better recommendations based on what you want. For example, some waxes look great on darker colors but may not last as long.
    - Mark

Post Thanks / Like

WG Fuzion would look great on that ride, it really makes metallic pop.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Congrats on the new car! That's a cool color. Out of curiosity, what made you choose an RC-F instead of an M3/M4, an RS-5, or a Cayman S?

I think there is some terminology confusion here. Initially, when I read your thread title, I read it as you were planning on performing a 4-stage detail for your new car (I'm guessing jonn127 read it the same way); which would possibly mean: compound, polish, jeweling, sealant/wax/coating. Typically, new cars shouldn't need that amount of paint correction, unless the dealer really did a number on the paint prior to delivery. You should be able to get away with spot correction, light polish, jeweling (if you want), and then LSP.

After re-reading your thread title, I see now that you were looking for a wax recommendation.

For a bit of clarification, I believe that Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 is a 4-stage paint. I believe a Lexus press release detailed the color as five coats (primer, silver base coat, clear coat, color coat, and another top layer color coat (tinted clear?)).

As for products on the car, what are you trying to achieve? A lot of the popular sealants, waxes, and coatings will look great on the car; but folks may have better recommendations based on what you want. For example, some waxes look great on darker colors but may not last as long.
    Lol, my bad, I totally misread that. Gorgeous color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    Is it going to be a 2nd car? Not a daily driver?
    Daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post

Lexus quality first and foremost, and personally I love the design (I have a 2009 IS350 with 100k and haven't had any mechanical issues). Not a fan of German engineering anymore. Owned a BMW and a Mercedes and had too many problems with it. Two of my friends had Audi's with major problems in the first two years and I'm not a fan of the Porsche Cayman S, nor was it in my budget.

As for the paint, yes it's a 5 coat process. I'm looking to achieve the maximum shine possible since the paint has an underlayer of silver to acccentuate the blue. More specifically, do certain waxes, polishes or sealants respond better to blue paints as well.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    WG Fuzion would look great on that ride, it really makes metallic pop.
    That's what I'm hoping to achieve. Something that makes the metallic standout.

Lol, my bad, I totally misread that. Gorgeous color.
    NP at all..........I just didn't understand what you were saying, and now I know why. My description was confusing, lol.