autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Washing

Post Thanks / Like

Washing

I have a three filter system. I have one sediment filter and two softener filters. This makes pressure drop quite a bit. I built in a filter bypass so that I can have my normal water pressure. Question. If I fill my wash pail with filtered water and soap, can I wash the entire car at once, then rinse it with the full pressure water, then switch to filtered for the final rinse? Real question is will the soap with filtered water that dries rinse off completely to not leave soap streaks after all of the rinsing.

I ask this as I feel if it is acceptable it should speed up the wash time. Plus I will use less filtered water thus extending my softener filter resin change. Thanks and awaiting your professional responses

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing

It is possible ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    I have a three filter system. I have one sediment filter and two softener filters. This makes pressure drop quite a bit. I built in a filter bypass so that I can have my normal water pressure. Question. If I fill my wash pail with filtered water and soap, can I wash the entire car at once, then rinse it with the full pressure water, then switch to filtered for the final rinse? Real question is will the soap with filtered water that dries rinse off completely to not leave soap streaks after all of the rinsing.

I ask this as I feel if it is acceptable it should speed up the wash time. Plus I will use less filtered water thus extending my softener filter resin change. Thanks and awaiting your professional responses

Don

They told me when I set up my DI water system that you can wash with regular water and rinse well with the filtered water for spot free situation. Wash water does not need to be the good stuff. The key to washing is, do not let the soap dry ever IMHO. Flood rinse the car for best results.... Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Soap drying is not a problem, quality soap in itself will not cause durable spots - bad water will. I would not let the water dry on paint if the water is just "softened" and not de-ionized. This is a critical difference. They are two types of water. One is ion free and one is salt rich.

Depending on the environment, you may be able to get away with letting "softened" water dry on paint. Water spots are catalyzed by the heat of the sun, so the environment your doing this in is key.

If your washing inside, you could probably get away with it.