autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!

We need a bigger garage!

For this weekend's class I have two daily drivers to teach Production Detailing because it's important that everyone that goes through our detailing classes gets to learn the full spectrum of car detailing procedures.

But I think most detailers and aspiring detailers will agree these are the types of cars we all want to work on. This weekend's class is in for a great hands-on learning experience.

Here's what our class will be learning for each car.

Black 1955 Chevy 210
    1. The Flex 3401
    2. Wolfgang Compounds, Polishes & Waxes
    3. Nanoskin Wash Mitts
    4. Iron X
    5. Foam Gun

Red 1955 Chevy Bel Air
    1. The Rupes Paint Polishing System
    2. Rinseless Washing Techniques
    3. Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads

Turquoise 1956 Bel Air Convertible
    1. Cyclo Polishers
    2. Pinnacle Compounds, Polishes & Waxes
    3. Waterless Wash
    4. Pinnacle Detailing Clay
    5. Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner
    6. 303 Aerospace Vinyl Cleaner & Protectant

Dark Blue 1932 Ford Phaeton
    1. PC/Megs/Griot's DA Polishers
    2. Nanoskin Towels
    3. Blackfire Compounds & Polishes
    4. Blackfire Crystal Seal Paint Coating
    5. Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner
    6. DP Tire Coating

1934 Ford Extra Cab Pickup
    1. Block sanding by hand with Nikken Finishing Papers
    2. Machine wet sanding with 3M Trizact
    3. Flex PE14, DeWalt and Makita Rotary Buffers with Wool pads and Pinnacle Advanced Compound
    4. Flex 3401 with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    5. Machine waxing

And that's just for the above 5 cars.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500

The topics covered in the class using this truck include,

1. Engine and Engine Compartment Detailing
    2. Headlight restoration
    3. Machine scrubbing tires
    4. Washing with Foam Gun
    5. Iron X to chemically decontaminate the paint
    6. Using Nanoskin Wash Mitts to mechanically decontaminate the paint during the washing step.
    7. Using Extractors to clean the interior - Mytee HP60 and 8070 II
    8. Machine polishing using a One-Step Cleaner/Wax with DA Polishers
    9. Machine removal of heavy oxidation to diamond plate aluminum
    10. Using tire coatings to protect the tires

2012 Chevy Traverse

Topics covered using the Traverse
    1. Iron X
    2. Foam Guns
    3. Machine scrubbing tires
    4. Glass polishing
    5. DA Polishers for a multiple step paint polishing process
    6. Paint Coatings
    7. Tire Coatings

These classes consist of about 15 percent classroom time and 85% hands-on training.

I never know what cars I'll have until we get closer to the actual date of the class by if you look at all the classes that we've held they always include a great mix of both daily drivers and true show cars.

Next classes are,

July 17th, 18th and 19th

September 25th, 26th and 27

All classes always fill up so plan accordingly and get registered early. To register you can always call our toll free line even if the class is months down the road.

1-800-869-3011

Or click this link to sign up for the next upcoming class.

Autogeek's Detailing Boot Camp Classes

Mike Phillips

Re: We need a bigger garage!

Just walked out of the Show Car Garage and everything is set up and ready to go for the first day where we'll go over,

Glass polishing
    Headlight restoration
    Engine detailing
    Machine tire scrubbing
    Iron X
    Foam Gun
    Nanoskin Wash Mitts
    Mytee Extractors
    Tire coatings
    One-step paint correction
    Washing convertible tops

Then Saturday we'll be starting out on the 1956 Bel Air Convertible first thing in the morning. The paint is rough like sandpaper and filled with swirls and scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun ya'll,

Wish I could be there with you, but this damn work thing keeps getting in the way. Have fun!

Peace,

Darrin

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Souldetailer View Post

Have fun ya'll,

Darrin

Thanks Darrin!

I make sure these classes are not only educational and very hands-on but also a lot of fun.

I think this class is going to be hard to beat just due to the volume of cool cars and the teaching value all the cars are going to provide.

Mike Phillips

It's 6:10pm as I type this and the first day of our 3-day class is over.

Can't list everything we did but suffice to say, the Dodge truck looks brand new both inside out and under the hood.

Convertible top on the Bel Air has been washed and is ready for the next step as is the paint.

The 1955 black 210 Chevy has had Iron X, (bled a lot), Nanoskinned, foamed and cleaned plus glass polished.

Tires on the Phaeton have been machine scrubbed as were the tires on the Dodge and the Traverse as these will all be coated.

Went over steam cleaners, extractors and how to make money doing high quality production detailing.

Tomorrow we start at 8:00am sharp!

Perfect weather today too!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Mike!

Busy day number one! TWO days left at Boot Camp! Sounds like a really fun day packed with heaps of "hands on" & plenty to learn. Bet the class is amped for tomorrow!

All the classes you have done Mike, always have amazing cars but IMO this one has a heck of a line up! Best so far I think!

I love New Zealand but geeze - that Pacific Ocean sure is a big pain in the . . . . If I was closer (& it didn't come across as stalkerish) I would attend as many Boot Camps as I could. No doubt!

All the best for tomorrow guys Happy Boot Camp!

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

Lunch break during Day 2 of the 3-day class.

We finished the Chevy Traverse, compounding, polishing and applying the Blackfire Crystal Paint Coating.

We also finished the 1932 Ford Phaeton, compounding, polishing and applying the Blackfire Crystal Paint Coating.

Both cars also had their tires coated with the DP Tire Coating, (we machine scrubbed them on Friday). The 1932 Ford Phaeton had the chrome polished, the louvers hand polished, the wheels hand polished and the vinyl interior steam cleaned using the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner.

After lunch we're machine polishing the 1956 Chevy Bel Air Convertible using Cyclo polishers, Pinnacle compounds and polishes and then sealing the vinyl top using 303 Aerospace Protectant. (we washed the convertible top yesterday). Then sealing the paint with Black Label Synthetic Paint Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update Mike.

I bet that Phaeton looks amazing. Do you know much about the build history on that Mike? It reminds me of an early eighties rod, kinda "timeless" look to it.

Yay for using the Cyclo polishers on the Chevy. Reading that makes me want to go to work & crank my one up & polish something. Super smooth tool & pretty capable too Unless you ask too much from it. A fun tool I like to use.

8:40am here in New Zealand - 4:40pm in Florida, guessing you guys will be almost done for day two, betting it was fantastic! Roll on day THREE!!!

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

2nd day is over.

Phenomenal results on the 1956 Chevy Bel Air Convertible using the Cyclo Polishers and Pinnacle compounds, polishes and waxes.

The paint on the red 1955 Bel Air looks like she just rolled out of the paint booth, dripping wet and gloss that never stops.

Tomorrow we start with the 1955 black Chevy 210 with Flex 3401 polishers and end the day sanding and buffing on the 1934 Ford Streetrod Pickup!

Can't wait to share all the before, during and after shots!

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!

Can't wait to see them as well,very interesting how it looks from aside

Sent from my We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!using Tapatalk