autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP with surface prep mitt

hey guys i have seen a couple of post asking about this product "Eagle One Next Level Surface Prep Mitt" no one has addressed this question. On the back it has normal predictable instruction but below that it has a list of "help full tips before you begin" 3rd on that list says "mitt is shipped with a protective coating for transit stability. Film is removed by moistening with Wipe & Shine detailer or comparable product prior to first use, and once removed, may create a soapy foam. For best results, use mitt on glass surface prior to use on a automotive paint. Do not use until polymer rubber is soft and slightly tacky" so my problem is i took out of the box moistened with detailer spray and went at it on a windshield to try and remove this "film" but i didn't get any soapy foam that is described when the film comes off. i dont know what i should do i dont want to ruin the paint trying to use this if the film is still on. has anyone used this product or anything similar with positive results? how do you know when this film comes off if you dont see soapy foam? can you feel it some how? i have been stuck with this problem for 2 days now ANY advice i would REALLY REALLY appreciate!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP with surface prep mitt

If it is not soapy, then you are good. The biggest danger will not be soap, but no using (any) or enough lube. Just like clay, there needs to be a slippery lubricant between the clay product and the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

i get the lubrication thing so you think this "film" is something i dont need to worry about?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same EagleOne mitt. The first time I used mine I put it in my wash bucket that had Meg's Gold Class car wash and ONR and let it soak for a while. Then I did the glass first. I don't think there is much of a coating on it, or doesn't take much to remove it.

I have used it twice now on two really contaminated cars and I like it compared to clay bars. Much quicker than standard clay.

When I did the cars that were bad, I agitated the mitt on my grit guard frequently. The mitt had lost some of it's tackiness after the first car and was barely tacky at all after the second. After I clayed each car I cleaned the clay side of the mitt with warm water, dish soap, and a soft scrub brush. I am not sure if this is recommended, but this did make it tacky again.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot! that is exactly what i needed to hear not only answering my question but very glad to hear your positive results thanks again really appreciate it