autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 question...

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm simply a guy that trying to keep his car looking the best it can. I've learned a lot of great things here. Thanks!

I tried searching for this but couldn't find an answer.

I recently purchased Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 for my brand new Porsche. I was quite impressed with the results after buffing. Then, after letting it sit over night, it seemed to have gotten even better; more depth and ultra slick. I did realize that it states that it needs 12hours to cure but I wasn't expecting this kind of change. Again, very impressed!

My question is so, I have some Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. If I use this after washes is there any chance of degrading the Wolfgang sealant? I see that the Megs UQD is polymer based as well. So, I just thought it may interfere.

Thanks for the help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 question...

Quote Originally Posted by pjunk View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm simply a guy that trying to keep his car looking the best it can. I've learned a lot of great things here. Thanks!

I tried searching for this but couldn't find an answer.

I recently purchased Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 for my brand new Porsche. I was quite impressed with the results after buffing. Then, after letting it sit over night, it seemed to have gotten even better; more depth and ultra slick. I did realize that it states that it needs 12hours to cure but I wasn't expecting this kind of change. Again, very impressed!

My question is so, I have some Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. If I use this after washes is there any chance of degrading the Wolfgang sealant? I see that the Megs UQD is polymer based as well. So, I just thought it may interfere.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Welcome to the asylum. It should be fine, but Wolfgang does make a spray detailer, why not stay with the same brand.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The Megs is fine

The WG Spritz is really nice, but too expensive to use weekly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    The Megs is fine

I agree for some, but a new Porsche deserves some pampering.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Welcome to the asylum. It should be fine, but Wolfgang does make a spray detailer, why not stay with the same brand.
    Thanks!

Yes, I prefer to stick with the same brand but just trying to use what I have as well.

The Megs is fine

Thanks!

I was thinking along the same lines. Could you recommend another detail spray better than Megs?

I think I still have some Meg Quik Wax as well. I better use that up too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I agree for some, but a new Porsche deserves some pampering.
    Every time I think of the cost, then this exact thought creeps into my mind. Haha!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what you want your detail spray to do

The Meguiar's stuff can be purchased by the gallon, works well, inexpensive

Products like the WG Spritz are not really QD in my opinion. They are more of an LSP booster

It's all trade-offs in this category of things you spray on your car after you wash it

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, you could use that, or others that will also work very nice, but again a little pricey is Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray.

Another that's cheaper, works great as a detailer, and maybe more durable than standard detailer sprays is Duragloss Aquawax.

In fact, I did a polish last week on my junker Kia Spectra with Meg's #205, applied WGDGPS 3.0 right after the correction, and today, a week later did a wipe down, then a quick detail with DG Aquawax. Looks good!

Yep, the Wolfgang Sealant looks very nice right after removal, but does cure further after some hours, and then giving an even a more glassy-reflective wet look.

Post Thanks / Like

About a couple years ago, when I first bought the "Wolfgang Trio" on other members rave reviews, I did the Kia with full correction, and it was truly a knockout combo. Couldn't stop staring at the car.

Couple days later then hit it with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray that I got as a sample with that purchase, and was even further wowed. Paint really looked like I sprayed a coat of clear over the paint, it was like glass. Very slick, extremely easy, adds gloss, and depth, and absolutely no hazing-clouding which is important for dark colored vehicles.

I think the Crystal Mist has recently been on sale, still not a cheap product, but a quite outstanding detailer spray, one of the top best I ever used, period. You'll perhaps note the reviews it gets in the AG store are all highly favorable for this product.

I'm almost out of it, as I had a couple small sample bottles, a little goes far I found. I will get more in the future, as I like having this one in my arsenal.

Use Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Spray Wax anytime to bring back that just-waxed shimmer. Contains real carnauba wax in a easy spray formula.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what you want your detail spray to do

The Meguiar's stuff can be purchased by the gallon, works well, inexpensive

Products like the WG Spritz are not really QD in my opinion. They are more of an LSP booster

It's all trade-offs in this category of things you spray on your car after you wash it
    I guess what I'm after is something to maintain the existing sealant base coat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast