autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

PB Black Hole & 845 - Paintwork Cleansing Needed?

After reading numerous folks on the forum saying how great the results were when using PB Black Hole topped with Collinite 845, I ordered some last week to try on my Black Ram 1500.

I spent a few hours this weekend reading over the "Collinite #845 : The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax" thread to get familiar with Collinite. I noticed it was recommended to use Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion as a pre-wax cleaner to get the paint ready for the 845.

I found on AG's site chart that shows all of the different polishes and waxes, etc. It showed both the Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and the PB Black hole in the same column. I re-read the product page for Black Hole and noticed it mentions it cleans as well as covers blemishes.

So my question is, should I use the Paintwork Cleansing Lotion before using Black Hole, or would that be a wasted effort?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Black Hole & 845 - Paintwork Cleansing Needed?

The Black Hole will do just fine cleaning and laying down a nice glaze. No need for a separate cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    The Black Hole will do just fine cleaning and laying down a nice glaze. No need for a separate cleaner.
    Thanks!

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the finish Black Hole will do some very minor cleaning.

You can always try it out on a panel and see how you like it. The cleaner the paint the better Black Hole can fill.
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to use one or the other. Black hole is a great glaze and really adds depth and shine but if you use Black hole and then 845, 845 won't bond to the paint and not protect so long. If you use 845 and Black hole after. The black hole may wipe out the 845 because of it's minor cleaning properties.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents. I really like PB Black Hole and I top it with Either Pinnacle Liquid or WDGPS 3.0. I always prep with Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or an equivalent product. While PBBH does have some cleaners in it it is not made to be a paint cleaner. For it to work properly I like to start with a clean canvas, no prior wax sealant etc. It is an extra step but I feel the results are there. This was recommended to me by Nike when I was looking to use BPBH topped with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax. I feel it would be the same for Collinite #845.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantcarPerfect View Post
    Just my 2 cents. I really like PB Black Hole and I top it with Either Pinnacle Liquid or WDGPS 3.0. I always prep with Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or an equivalent product. While PBBH does have some cleaners in it it is not made to be a paint cleaner. For it to work properly I like to start with a clean canvas, no prior wax sealant etc. It is an extra step but I feel the results are there. This was recommended to me by Nike when I was looking to use BPBH topped with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax. I feel it would be the same for Collinite #845.
    Thanks. I very well may end up doing that since I've ordered all the products.