autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sold all my polishes/pads. Starting Fresh. What's the latest n greatest?

This thread has inspired me to start over and get rid of all my pads and polishes I have so many just taking up space. Going a different route with pads instead of LC gonna tray BnS. Definitely keeping my d151 fg400 and sf4000

Sent from Tapatalkrex
    \Rafael/
    Infiniti G35

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a g thang View Post
    This thread has inspired me to start over and get rid of all my pads and polishes I have so many just taking up space. Going a different route with pads instead of LC gonna tray BnS. Definitely keeping my d151 fg400 and sf4000

Sent from Tapatalkrex

Like I said, I tried to go all SMAT and just couldn't make it work. That too was in an attempt to whittle down the vast amount of product I have sitting on the shelves around here from years/decades as a hobby/part time pro. I'm a dyed in the wool Meguiar's fan, hands down, (even have the prerequisite Meguiar's banner on the wall and Meguiar's detailing aprons).

But good grief.... Menzerna is just soooooooooo easy to work with.

Does it cut as good as Megs SMAT products? Uh NO!
    (At least not after the first pass.)
    But boy does it tend to overlap more on the cut/finish chart, and generally doesn't dust near as bad.

If I really had to cut it down to bare minimum it'd still be a combo of both manufacturers as they both have something great to offer, for what the both to best.

101, D300 (easily my favorite the last couple years), 151, 205 then of course UC & UP. D301 & 302 are nice but I've really not worked much with 302 since I got mine. Just wish they'd got the nomenclature right from the get-go and put the finishing wax as 302 rather than coming back after the fact and filling a gap with 302, (which should be 301 and make the wax 302) if that makes any sense.

Followed by Menz 1000, 2000, 4000 and it'd probably be enough. But if you have the first three then why not have FG400 right?
    Along the line of 301/302 I've worked with the Menz finishing wax after picking up some on BOGO a few months back. It's pretty cool as well. Bet the new cleaner wax will be a HUGE HIT when it finally comes to America.

So how many is that.... uh.... 12 different ones just to make it a smaller reach to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it makes a big difference what machine is being used. Fg400 works so much better with my flex than 105 did. I honestly would be doing a lot less detailing if it was not for fg400. I hated using 105. I could get awesome results but I get better with less effort with menzerna. I would have gone back to a rotary for compounding if I had to do another car with 105 on my flex. I too like megs and love 205 but just not a fan of 105. I use a lot of their chemicals still.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

FG400, PF2500 and SF4000 are the three Musketeers one would ever need. Some suggest FG400 followed by SF4000 but there are many instances where FG400 is way too aggressive regardless of pad andSF4000 not aggresive enough and this is where PF2500 comes in. Seal the work with Menz Power Lock and sit back and admire your work. No need having cupboard full of product that just rot away, keep the ones that don't overlap and that you will use often.

Post Thanks / Like

So i'm nearly down to making my order.

I'm going with
    FG400

I'm going to get 4 Hybrid pads in orange and 4 in white.

now the question is which size pads.....do i get the 5 inch or the 6.5 inch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    So i'm nearly down to making my order.

I'm going with
    FG400

I'm going to get 4 Hybrid pads in orange and 4 in white.

now the question is which size pads.....do i get the 5 inch or the 6.5 inch?
    First off, do you have the LC interchangeable plate system for the 3401? This is needed for the 5" pads.

Also, the smaller 5" pads are easier to learn on and control using the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    First off, do you have the LC interchangeable plate system for the 3401? This is needed for the 5" pads.

This...unless the vehicle is large and flat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

I don't...but i am sure i can ad that to the order.

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume that with the 5" pads you would use the 4 3/8ths inch backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    I would assume that with the 5" pads you would use the 4 3/8ths inch backing plate?
    It depends on the velcro backing. Hybrid pads have a 4" velcro backing made for the Lake Country Interchangeable backing plate system.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast