autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sold all my polishes/pads. Starting Fresh. What's the latest n greatest?

I like the idea of not having an overwhelming amount of supplies on hand, especially since I'm not doing this for a living. I have the 105/205, but would also like something in between, which is where the m86 comes in. I would also like to have the Menzerna equivalents on hand as well. I love both the LC CCS, and CG Hex Logic pad lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    Good post and thanks for the info. Question...which hybrid pads do you think are mandotory? I ask because there are usually something like 6 options but only 2 or 3 are really mandatory to have.

Thanks.
    For Menzerna compounds grab FG400, PF2500, and SF4000. This will ensure all necessary areas are covered. "Mike" same philosophy I have.

I was sent some hybrid pads from Lake country and have not tried them all yet but it was the blue light cutting pad I used and it was better in every way than any orange pad from several manufactures I have used over the years. Not even close! I look forward to trying the rest. This was with fg400. Mike Philips has recommended the hybrid pads for the flex to me and others and he was right on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    With the 3401, the best way to equip it is with the LC Hybrid pads and Menzerna compounds. Starting off I recommend going with the smaller 4" plate included with the LC plate system and outfit it with the 5" Hybrid pads. Paired with Menzerna is the bee's knee's.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...brid-pads.html

For the PC, dedicate this to small area repair fitted with 3" pads such as the Hydro tech pads. The closed cell construction of these pads excel with Menzerna polishes.

For Menzerna compounds grab FG400, PF2500, and SF4000. This will ensure all necessary areas are covered.
    Mike, I've been anxious to try the Menzerna line up but haven't yet. Is it true that Wolfgang products are made with Menzerna. I think I heard this on a video made at AutoGeeks. You would know if they are similar. Anyone that has studied history knows that German chemical and mechanical engineering is the finest in the world. The WG line up is really impressive. As I said in another post, Fusion is the best, hands down that I have ever used as a final top coat.

Do you think their polishing products are better than WG, if so I need to order some.
    Thanks, Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhw48 View Post
    Mike, I've been anxious to try the Menzerna line up but haven't yet. Is it true that Wolfgang products are made with Menzerna. I think I heard this on a video made at AutoGeeks. You would know if they are similar. Anyone that has studied history knows that German chemical and mechanical engineering is the finest in the world. The WG line up is really impressive. As I said in another post, Fusion is the best, hands down that I have ever used as a final top coat.

Do you think their polishing products are better than WG, if so I need to order some.
    Thanks, Gary
    Yes Wolfgang is made by Menzerna to Wolfgang specs. It is Wolfgang's formula but made by Menzerna.

Roughly speaking this is how they stack up.
    Uber=FG400
    TSR=SI1500
    FG=SF4000

German engineering is at the top of the list. After all they gave the world many great things. The first V8 and Diesel engine.

Fusion really is something to behold. I love this stuff.

Wolfgang polishes fit a wider audience as they are formulated to work with any machine and any user while delivering top notch results. Menzerna is formulated for straight drive machines and work very well with the gear driven 3401. Im sure you have seen my technique on extracting the maximum performance from Menzerna on the Flex machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Yes Wolfgang is made by Menzerna to Wolfgang specs. It is Wolfgang's formula but made by Menzerna.

Roughly speaking this is how they stack up.
    Uber=FG400
    TSR=SI1500
    FG=SF4000

German engineering is at the top of the list. After all they gave the world many great things. The first V8 and Diesel engine.

Fusion really is something to behold. I love this stuff.

Wolfgang polishes fit a wider audience as they are formulated to work with any machine and any user while delivering top notch results. Menzerna is formulated for straight drive machines and work very well with the gear driven 3401. Im sure you have seen my technique on extracting the maximum performance from Menzerna on the Flex machines.
    Mike, I am definitely ordering Menzerna. Speaking of German engineering, we would have not gone to the moon in 1969 if we hadn't had the help of German scientists and engineers. All one has to do is research the methods used in building a Porsche engine and the amazing way they connect the rods without caps and put the crank shaft together. A absolute marvel of delicate and advanced engineering!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I am definitely ordering Menzerna.
    Sounds great! Please provide feedback when you can.

Speaking of German engineering, we would have not gone to the moon in 1969 if we hadn't had the help of German scientists and engineers.
    That's right.

All one has to do is research the methods used in building a Porsche engine and the amazing way they connect the rods without caps and put the crank shaft together. A absolute marvel of delicate and advanced engineering!
    Porsche's are incredibly high tech!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest that a 3" Meguiar's DAMF pad on a 2 7/8" BP is a great combo for your PC

Wonderful for pillars, bumpers, etc

I have started edging out RIDS with this combo too. For this technique, the 2 7/8" BP is superior to the 3" BP. The 3" goes to the very edge of the MF pad and makes edging more precarious

Edging the DA... A Game Changer

Some favor a 3" BP for this (link above). I like the margin of error that the smaller BP provides

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I am definitely ordering Menzerna. Speaking of German engineering, we would have not gone to the moon in 1969 if we hadn't had the help of German scientists and engineers. All one has to do is research the methods used in building a Porsche engine and the amazing way they connect the rods without caps and put the crank shaft together. A absolute marvel of delicate and advanced engineering!
    If you want to see amazing engineering look up Koenigsegg running cam less engines and traction control in the Agera R.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I tried to tell myself 3-ish years ago that I was going to stick to one manufacturer. In fact, I was going to *try* and go only with SMAT based products. I mean, why not.... that was supposed to be the way of the future. As good as Meguiar's products are, I ended up using a combo of Megs and Menzerna (as I think most everyone does).

Want cut, want it fast, want it to last, first to last pass. Meguiar's SMAT products.

----- If all you're doing is your own cars ------
    ---- And you want to get away with as little as possible ----

Heavy cut stuff you won't need but once, from there it just sits.

Meguar's products:
    For that though: 101, (105 is just too hard to work with for most) D300, Ultimate Compound
    Polishes: 205, (possibly D301 & D302), Ultimate Polish

Menzerna products:
    FG400 is amazing!
    2000 I like better than 1500 being as it cuts almost as much but finishes a LOT better.
    4000 I also like better than 4500 for the reverse reason. It cuts a bit better but finishes so close that on all but crazy soft paint you'll never notice the difference.

That's just about as short of a list as possible.

Sure you can load up on all sorts of others. Megs for instance I'd say 151 and 83 at least. Menzerna you'd go for 1000 if not 1500. (I like 1000 then 2000 though.) And of course.... 4500 just to get jiggy with it.

Pads are a personal preference though. But orange as well as white CCS gets a lot of work done on a lot of different vehicles with a LOT of different products. In all sizes I easily have more white pads than all others. Then there are a few yellow for those times you really need to work something. But moreover than yellow blue and black are something to invest in. Then there is the whole "crimson" thing where in one line from Lake Country it's a really light finishing pad and in another line it's more of a general duty pad. Have to do a bit of research there to figure out where they fit when comparing to other lineups.

Post Thanks / Like

Scholl Concepts polishes and pads.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast