Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some help with the paint on my truck. Vehicle is a 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Black.

I've noticed that when the sun hits the paint it's almost like the black looks to be more of a black/brown color. I've cleaned/polished/waxed the paint and while it looks good in the shade, when the sun hits the paint, it changes the look of the paint.

I had a local shop test the thickness of the paint out. I'm getting around 150-200µm on the doors, 300µm on the bed of the truck (was repainted by previous owner) and about 130µm on the hood.

In my arsenal I have the SSR series (1/2/2.5/3), Porter Cable with LC pads (pretty much every color they have), Klasse Twins and Zymol Estate.

Should I be going with an aggressive pad and the SSR3 to help eliminate the fading? I figure with around 200-300µm from the doors to the bed, I have a fair amount of paint to work on. Keep in mind that the truck is not getting clear coat cancer on the sides/doors. The cancer is just starting to show on the hood and top cab of the truck.