autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: *2007 Black Shelby GT500*?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's an article on how to use a Cyclo Polisher.... lots of pictures....

How To Use The Cyclo Polisher

Here's a streetrod we buffed out using only Cyclo polishers just a few weeks ago.... lots and lots of pictures....

1938 Plymouth Sedan Streetrod Extreme Makeover!

The paint on this old Plymouth came out looking just like it should...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Good Morning Mike//
    I didn't get a chance to **Thank You for Your Response/Info/Help & Guidance
    on my Questions**/...I'll check out the How~To on the Link you sent about the
    Cyclo. I hope my High/Low Speed Cyclo will be okay to work on the Shelby.
    I wish it did have the Vari~Speed like the newer models.I recently purchased a pair
    of the Cyclo Blue Cotton [?] Pads. But, Again, I'll check the Cyclo Link you sent/.
    Thank You Mike, And Have A Great Day. Ohh, BTW, I live close to Kissimmee.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Mike Phillips

Re: *2007 Black Shelby GT500*?

Quote Originally Posted by *Shelby/GT500* View Post

I hope my High/Low Speed Cyclo will be okay to work on the Shelby.
    It will work fine, the key with your model is to never turn the polisher on until the face of the pads are in contact with the paint and then....

Get ready to start moving the polisher as soon as you turn it on so you don't sling product everywere...

It's just a tweak of your technique. The two main benefits to the variables speed model are,

1. The ability to run the tool at a lower speed for some processes like using Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads to decontaminate paint or to use brushes to scrub upholstery, vinyl, leather etc.

2. The ability to start out at a slow speed when starting out with fresh product to prevent splatter.

Ohh, BTW, I live close to Kissimmee.
    Okay... I know where that's at. I just created the sign-up thread for our next Thursday project night, that's a pretty good drive but I have people that regularly drive in from all over the place, it's just up to you. Maybe find someone else that would like to attend this class and share the driving.

Sign-up: Thursday Project Night at Autogeek

I have not confirmed the car we're going to work on yet but I always have something cool to work on and that means lots of hands on time.

You can see what some of our past projects have been by looking through the write-ups in this forum group.

Pictures from Autogeek's Car of the Week

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening Mike//
    Thank You, Sir for your Help//!!.You make it look E~A~S~Y..
    On the Wolfgang Products that was recommended, Just wondering if the
    *8/Ounce Size* of the 4 some be enough to do the Shelby, Or should I
    get the larger size, Please? I'm sorry to bother you with the little things, But I
    just want to do this and then, not have enough. I really don't know about the
    Wolfgang Products & how far it will go on a Cyclo Pad. I have White/Orange
    Yellow/Green & those Blue. [I Believe the Blue are MicroFiber for Finishing]
    I have *Clay Bars* and plenty of Microfiber Cloths. So, just LMK what size I'll
    need to do the Shelby, Please. Thank You Again for Your Info/Help/Guidance
    & Timely Response, When you can. Have A Good Evening.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Mike Phillips

Re: *2007 Black Shelby GT500*?

Evening Mike//
    Thank You, Sir for your Help//!!.You make it look E~A~S~Y..
    On the Wolfgang Products that was recommended, Just wondering if the
    *8/Ounce Size* of the 4 some be enough to do the Shelby, Or should I
    get the larger size, Please?

If it were me I would go for the 16 ounce bottles to make sure I had enough plus more for any future projects.

I'm sorry to bother you with the little things, But I just want to do this and then, not have enough.

I really don't know about the Wolfgang Products & how far it will go on a Cyclo Pad. I have White/Orange Yellow/Green & those Blue. [I Believe the Blue are MicroFiber for Finishing.

Our store page for Cyclo pads will tell you what is what....

Cyclo 4 Inch Premium Foam Pads fit on each head of your Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher

I have *Clay Bars* and plenty of Microfiber Cloths. So, just LMK what size I'll need to do the Shelby, Please.
    I included a link showing a 1938 Plymouth we buffed out and it's like a step-by-step how to article to use for your Shelby without having to deal with vinyl graphics.

For the correction step, either the yellow or orange foam pads.

For the polishing probably the blue or green pads.

Then wax by hand or with the white pads.

Thank You Again for Your Info/Help/Guidance & Timely Response, When you can.

Have A Good Evening.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Sorry for the late reply and brief answers.... in the middle of a TV shoot for sanding and buffing a 1960 Glastron...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Mike//
    As far as I'm concerned, You *Do Not Ever Have To Apologize* for a late response to me,As,I understand you're a busy man and have work to do.
    When you do Respond, I'm grateful for your **Help/Info & Honesty** with Questions I've asked you/.And I'm also Grateful to the AutoGeek Members who've Responded w/their Help/Knowledge & Info to me.I did order the *Wolfgang/4* 16~Oz. Bottles* the other day and they out for Delivery, Today [Thursday]/ !!. I used the *10% Off AG/Coupon* on the Purchase, Which helped save some $$$$'s! Thanx Again, Mike, And as Always, Appreciate your Guidance/Help and Info. Have A Great Day and The Best w/your Project.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Mike & The Other Helpful Posters//
    Well,I'm just about Finished w/the Wolfgang Uber Compound/.I have to do alittle at a time as my Bad Back acts up and I have to stop and lye down/.I'm *Very Pleased* w/the Outcome of this Compound! 98% of the Surface Scratches are G~O~N~E!...Thank God.The Deeper ones look better,too.Not totally gone,[Don't Have That Skill] as I'm guessing they would have to be *Wet Sanded*.It had more scratches than I first thought. I got out the Portable Work Lights and that Helped a lot...But they throw out the *Heat* too!!..Dayuumm!!.
    I used the CYCLO Orange and Yellow Pads w/those small Dimples in them.I used myMak/9227C with the 7" Orange Pads,also w/the Dimples at #2 & #2.75 Speed.Now I'll use the *Wolfgang Swirl Remover*/. *I'd Like To Thank Mike & The OtherMembers for Your Help/Info/Guidance & What Products & Pads to Use*/=O]!!.
    I'll get started today w/the next process.I'll LYK how that turns out,also. Have A Great Day,Guys & Girls/.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond
    Raymond

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon Mike & Members//
    I just got done with *Eagle Eying* the Paint on the Shelby... I missed some very small scratches, But I got them/!!. LOL. So,After that,I checked out the Paint for *Swirl Marks and Hazing* and I was pretty darned pleased to see really Nothing that would justify using the Wolfgang *Swirl Remover*... But, This I'd like to ask the **Pro Guyz*. If I do not see the above mentioned,Could I pass on the Swirl Remover? If I DO or Not, Please LMK, If you would/.Again,I'm so happy the way the Shelby looks so far!!. I'm taking my time, As I do not want to damage the paint. So, If you help me as soon as you can, LMK about the *Swirl Remover*.BTW, I Love these Wolfgang Products//...And as one of the Members said,"Once I Find A System That Works For Me Stick With It"... I'll do just that. Have A Great Day Guyz/Girlz.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    The compound / polish technology has changed substantially over the past 5 years. It's pretty safe to say - most polishes from 5 years ago are obsolete. Wax is wax - you can use any wax you choose on any paint.

Really the best tool you have to likely attack this car isn't the rotary - but the Cyclo. I'm hoping the Cyclo you have is a variable speed model - but you still should be able to get great results with today's polishes / compounds even if it's not.

Some people really love the Cyclo - and they last forever. If I was you - instead of investing a new machine, I'd learn to use the Cyclo to it's fullest potential.

I'd also invest in NEW pads, polishes, and compounds. I'd get Cyclo brand pads, and either Optimum or Wolfgang Polishes. Learning to use the machine in a manner that maximizes it to it's full potential should get you show car results.
    Good Afternoon swanicyouth//
    **Thank You Very Much for Your Advice & Help**/. I really Appreciate ALL of the
    Great Advice/Info & Help since I became a Member. Thank You, Again for taking your
    Time to Help Respond,swanicyouth/. Have A Great Day.
    Best Regards//
    Raymond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12