autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me before I loose my mind!!!

What brand and model of car cover are you using?

They vary greatly in price, quality and intended use.

There are very soft, light weight covers that are designed specifically for garages vehicles

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 4ord

I'm just now getting into coating's so by no means am I an expert just giving what little experience I have at using 3 different brands.

Used Ceramic Pro (nano/9H & Pro light- 3 step process) on a test scoop, pretty good but for first time use I run into a couple problems and it was to long of a process being my first time so I will give Ceramic Pro another try at a later date.

CAR Products first version paint coating on 2 different vehicles and really like the ease of applying and removing. And for being the first time using on a complete vehicle it was pretty easy and really looked great even on a white nissan, it had crazy gloss and slickness!

2nd was a silver ford truck, and man did it look fantastic! Was suppose to be able to get 3 to 5 vehicles out of one 2 oz. bottle but 2 was all I got with enough left over to coat a set of rims.

Now I've got 3 bottles of Detailers Paint Coating and almost through the first one. Use a foam applicator and it is wasting way to much product but used it on a black SL550 mercedes and man did it pop!!

Just got 3 50 ml. bottles of GTechniqs C1 (haven't used yet) and a 500 ml. bottle of C2v3 and have applied it to 2 vehicles so far. It's not scratch resistance but has hydrophobic properties and a produces a slick finish.

What little I know I would say get you a bottle or 2 of Detailers Paint Coating and read the instructions and find some of Mike Phillips instructions and tips and get all or most of the scratches out and then chemically strip the paint with ether IPA diluted at no more then 20% I have some mixed at around 17% but have been using klean strip orderless mineral spirits and going around vehicle twice with several micro fiber towels to spread and seperate to remove excess MS.

Then waiting about 20 minutes or so and then start applying the Detailers Paint Coating, when you finished applying to where you started off apply a second coat in the same manner. That way you will have 2 applications of DPC applied and help keep them scractches off your stang!

Hope I've been of some help! I think the DPC will be the best bet for you and easiest to start off with.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One good thing about cats in the garage--it's unlikely that mice will nest somewhere in the car and chew through a wiring loom!
    N.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a car cover on my car with no scratches at all. Does your car cover have a flannel inner liner? If not, that may be your issue. If you keep your cars in a garage Car Covers Dust top is a good cover. I have another brand with more water protection but it still has a flannel inside lining. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kinder View Post
    Hey 4ord

I'm just now getting into coating's so by no means am I an expert just giving what little experience I have at using 3 different brands.

Used Ceramic Pro (nano/9H & Pro light- 3 step process) on a test scoop, pretty good but for first time use I run into a couple problems and it was to long of a process being my first time so I will give Ceramic Pro another try at a later date.

CAR Products first version paint coating on 2 different vehicles and really like the ease of applying and removing. And for being the first time using on a complete vehicle it was pretty easy and really looked great even on a white nissan, it had crazy gloss and slickness!

2nd was a silver ford truck, and man did it look fantastic! Was suppose to be able to get 3 to 5 vehicles out of one 2 oz. bottle but 2 was all I got with enough left over to coat a set of rims.

Now I've got 3 bottles of Detailers Paint Coating and almost through the first one. Use a foam applicator and it is wasting way to much product but used it on a black SL550 mercedes and man did it pop!!

Just got 3 50 ml. bottles of GTechniqs C1 (haven't used yet) and a 500 ml. bottle of C2v3 and have applied it to 2 vehicles so far. It's not scratch resistance but has hydrophobic properties and a produces a slick finish.

What little I know I would say get you a bottle or 2 of Detailers Paint Coating and read the instructions and find some of Mike Phillips instructions and tips and get all or most of the scratches out and then chemically strip the paint with ether IPA diluted at no more then 20% I have some mixed at around 17% but have been using klean strip orderless mineral spirits and going around vehicle twice with several micro fiber towels to spread and seperate to remove excess MS.

Then waiting about 20 minutes or so and then start applying the Detailers Paint Coating, when you finished applying to where you started off apply a second coat in the same manner. That way you will have 2 applications of DPC applied and help keep them scractches off your stang!

Hope I've been of some help! I think the DPC will be the best bet for you and easiest to start off with.
    Thanks for the insight! I'm leaning towards the DPC, but still looking at other options!
    '93 Blue Mustang GT,'01 Chrome Yellow Ranger Edge,'02 Blue Expedition XLT, '09 Black Focus SES, '12 Dark Sterling Gray Mustang V6 MCA Edition, '95 Rio Red SVT Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyd View Post
    One good thing about cats in the garage--it's unlikely that mice will nest somewhere in the car and chew through a wiring loom!
    N.
    True! My siamese/tabby mix loves to kill anything that makes it's way in. Lots of roaches and the occasional baby garden snake or mouse.
    '93 Blue Mustang GT,'01 Chrome Yellow Ranger Edge,'02 Blue Expedition XLT, '09 Black Focus SES, '12 Dark Sterling Gray Mustang V6 MCA Edition, '95 Rio Red SVT Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazcat View Post
    I keep a car cover on my car with no scratches at all. Does your car cover have a flannel inner liner? If not, that may be your issue. If you keep your cars in a garage Car Covers Dust top is a good cover. I have another brand with more water protection but it still has a flannel inside lining. Good luck!
    Yeah now that I think about it, I'm 99% sure I don't have a flannel liner in there. So that could be an issue. I did see someone on another forum suggest laying flannel throws on the hood, roof and decklid before the cover goes on, so I may try that if a new cover is a little to spendy for my budget. One brand I looked at were about $255. I will look up the brand you suggested though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump! Still open to coating suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like

Use the car cover you have and drape an old comforter or blanket over it.
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

Get them Cat's Shock Collars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast