I just purchased the Wolfgang/Porter Cable Swirl Free Kit 3.0 that I'm planning to use on a 2012 black Roush Mustang. After two winters, 2 years of daily use, and 2 years worth of car washes, the paint is swirled, and scratched pretty decently.

This is my first time detailing at this caliber, i.e using a machine polish, swirl remover, etc. and after watching all the videos, and reading all the threads, I have a few questions before I actually start to work on my vehicle. By the way, I'm very very nervous on working on it since I don't want to do more damage than good.

1) Should I be concerned about burning/eating through my clearcoat/paint while using the Porter Cable? I've seen some threads where the owner claims that they've burned through the clearcoat.

2) For the swirl remover step, I was planning on using the orange pad that comes with the kit. Will that pad be to abrasive on the paint?

3) When doing my test spot, after I apply the swirl remover via porter cable and complete the 6 section passes, if the paint still has swirls/scratches, how should I proceed after that. Should I continue with more section passes, change pads, use more product?

Thanks for all the help guys!